Answered

Sonos Beam Not Recognized by Samsung Tv

• 6 October 2023
  • 47 replies

good morning,

Good morning,

I have a Samsung neo QLED TV, with a Sonos Beam connected through the E arc port, however frequently when I turn the TV on the TV has reverted to TV speaker and it is not possible to play any sound through the Sonos beam despite going on the device connection which shows the Sonos background.  the only way to reconnect is to completely disconnect everything and reconnect, which is extremely frustrating as the beam is on the wall with all the cables hidden in the wall, which means taking the TV off when it happens. 

any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by buzz 6 October 2023, 11:39

View original

47 replies

This has been ongoing for me since I bought my Beam. I have called countless times, spent countless hours, even had Sonos send me a new Beam.  EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. SONOS FIX YOUR ISSUES.  This is insane it’s 2024 and we still have to deal with incompetent technicians who can’t fix a problem to connect to a device it was made to connect to SMH

Had no problems until I had a power outage, after that my Samsung Frame didn't recognise my Sonos Beam 2 all of a sudden. But remember I turned off Anynet+ setting in the. TV because it was constantly turing on my PS every time I started the tv. Turning it back on fixed it.

TURN ON ANYNET+ AND SAMSUNG TV WIL RECOGNISE / FIND YOUR SONOS AGAIN.

Sadly I can't turn off the the Anynet+ setting after discovery anymore, then the sound immediately switches back to the tv :( 

I’ve had the exact same issue. I’ve been dealing with both Sonos and Samsung on this.

long story short - Samsung need to release a software update to sort the problem out. They are aware of the issue, but can’t give any update on when this will be fixed.

Richer Sounds (who sold me both the Beam gen 2 and Samsung TV) have paid for me to have an optical adapter - which I purchased directly from Sonos. This has sorted the problem, at least until the Samsung software updates comes. The only negative is you can’t use the Samsung smart remote, you can only use the standard remote.

You have to program the remote to control the beam - which is easy to do using the Sonos app.

I have exactly the same problem as you all have. Very frustrating that we need to reboot. Can somebody send me a link for the optical adapter ? Dont know what that is. 

I can’t seem to copy and paste the link.

on Sonos shop search for Sonos Optical Audio Adapter

its £25

For your region:

https://www.sonos.com/no-no/shop/optical-audio-adapter

Badge

I notice the original post 15.8 update is a nightmare | Sonos Community has been closed for comment, not sure by who…….

Is everyone still having this problem?

I certainly am despite various software updates on the Beam, I’ve have had to resort to using Optical which is irritating as you get sound sync issues and lose Atmos and audio formats above Dolby Digital…….

Not seen any information from Sonos acknowledging the issue and support are no help

It’s not a Sonos problem - the Beam is fine. It’s a Samsung problem. Samsung are the ones that need to solve the issue, update the code.

It’s annoying that they don’t seem to let you know when or if they will do this.

Badge

How do you know it’s Samsung’s fault? The issue manifested after the Beam was updated to 15.8 last September…..

You can use the Samsung smart remote when connected by Optical by the way, just have to go to the Universal Remote option under connected devices and select Home Theatre then Sonos.

I’ve had 3 home visits by Samsung and spent hours  with Sonos. I’ve also had Richer sounds look into this independently.

everyone has now said this is a Samsung issue and we’re waiting on Samsung to fix it.

that’s interesting re the remote. I’ll check that out later. Thanks!

Same issue as everyone else. Sonos what is going on! 

Same issue here can we add a reboot option from the app? It’s not easy getting behind the tv to unplug and plug the beam back in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I added a remote power switch, a smart one is also an option. My creaky back loves it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFMNJLH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Beam 2 upgraded to v16 - I’ve had 3 days of no issues of Samsung not detecting the beam.

anyone else?

Still happening March 2024 with Sonos informing of known issue but only happy to talk as you go through unplugging, resetting process, and when feature returns say monitor an call again when happens but it happens every day for me. I notice if I’m streaming audio, music from a app to then turn TV on it will not recognise this action an no Atmos, PCM or even volume control (Apple TV 4K) as it’s return to TV Speakers 😭 

I researched the Beams HDMI cable an found it might be 1.4 so replaced with 2.1 but issue still occurs 😭

Still happening to me and I manually updated Samsung tv software as someone else suggested. 

Only way is to not use Sonos to play music, stream anything else. So far do this holds the hand shake between Samsung eARC and Sonos 😭 terrible experience and questions upgrade to enjoy Atmos and greater movie experience as I replaced Playbase (optical) 

My Beam 2 upgraded to v16 - I’ve had 3 days of no issues of Samsung not detecting the beam.

Still working 2 weeks later 

I wish 😂 all my devices are up to  date, what TV model do you have? 

I wish 😂 all my devices are up to  date, what TV model do you have? 

S90C - purchased Dec 23 -  unsure what software version the TV is running, might be related.

I have the same Issue, only that since month it never works… I tried several times resetting everything, took of all cables and power, switched it back on etc…  Samsung TV aks for configuration of new device, but setup always fails. On HDMI3 i can see the Beam Screen tough, but i am not able to get it to work.

I already put the Sonos Beam to another Samungs TV in my Apt, and there it immediatetly worked. 

So It seems not to be the Beam… but the Samsung TV… only that I dont geht much help from them either… ;-(

I have the same Issue, only that since month it never works… I tried several times resetting everything, took of all cables and power, switched it back on etc…  Samsung TV aks for configuration of new device, but setup always fails. On HDMI3 i can see the Beam Screen tough, but i am not able to get it to work.

I already put the Sonos Beam to another Samungs TV in my Apt, and there it immediatetly worked. 

So It seems not to be the Beam… but the Samsung TV… only that I dont geht much help from them either… ;-(

Same for me. :(