Question

Sonos Beam & HDMI ARC Sound

• 23 August 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge
I have just bought a Sonos Beam for use with my LG47LA740 ZB. I used the HDMI ARC slot and used my controller on the app to try to connect - didn't work. Used the adaptor and plugged into Optical Output - sound works! Any reason why sound doesn't work using recommended HDMI ARC connection???

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Hudders10

Not directed at you personally but I and others have addressed your topic more times than we can count. It primarily has to do with how the TV manufactures implement their version of CEC for HDMI-ARC. Give this thread a read here. After reading you might try setting up your Beam with the HDMI-ARC function again.

Let us know what happens. Cheers!
Badge
TV simply states ARC - no other labelling. Will check manual, if I can find it! 😂 Meanwhile, using optical connection.
Userlevel 7
TV simply states ARC - no other labelling. Will check manual, if I can find it! 😂 Meanwhile, using optical connection.

ARC mostly likely means it's a HDMI-ARC (CEC) connection.
And it may be that it needs to be turned on in the TV’s settings. Don’t know about this TV specifically, but some of them require an option flipped. My Vizio requires a setting change to CEC, but other manufacturers use different names.
Airgetlam
Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the giant font. On my Samsung QLED, the digital audio output format is PCM, and it doesn’t eat me change it to Dolby. It says the Dolby Digital + option is only available via ARC(HDMI). I guess I cannot use Optical output?
Userlevel 7
@rslevine@Hudders10

Are you posting under two different log-ins? If so it's not recommended. Or maybe @rslevine you responded to the wrong post 🤔
Badge
Don't think so. One post via pc and 2nd on mobile/cell. All from my account.
Please read this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/no-sound-on-my-new-bar-6829086

My latest post is applicable to you as well.