Answered

Sonos Beam Connection with Optical

• 19 July 2018
  • 2 replies

I do not have HDMI ARC on my TV so I'm using the optical converter to get sound from the Beam. However, the sound keeps going in and out and I cannot get a good connection. I feel like the optical input is in all the way but whenever the cable is moved or bumped, I lose the sound. Any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by ssshany 20 July 2018, 18:01

There was a plastic piece in my optical port on the TV. It's called the protective cover that was on the adapter when I took it out of the wrapper. Yeah, i didn't take the cover off and it was stuck in the TV. Don't be an idiot like me. Works perfectly fine now.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

There was a plastic piece in my optical port on the TV. It's called the protective cover that was on the adapter when I took it out of the wrapper. Yeah, i didn't take the cover off and it was stuck in the TV. Don't be an idiot like me. Works perfectly fine now.
I'm using the optical adapter directly from Sky Q box to Beam and it's working great, protective cover removed!