Question

Sonos Beam beep when changing channels using Sky Q mini

• 18 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
I have a sonos beam connected to a Panasonic TX-40EX700B using a sky Q mini box to provide the picture source. The sky Q mini is connected to HDMI 1 and the beam via the HDMI arc port on the TV.

Every time I change a channel the beam makes an loud beep for a few seconds then the sound resumes as normal. If I change the sky mini sound settings to 'normal' from 'DD' the beep disappears.

i'm not sure whether this is a limitation with the beam, TV or sky Q mini box, at the moment I watch everything in stereo as I'm worried the high frequency beep could in some way damage the sound bar at higher volumes.

I'm hoping somebody may have experienced this problem and found a work around.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I found this 'similar' link which might help to shed some light on the matter...

https://community.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Rewinding-and-forwarding-starts-a-loud-beep-on-my-Panasonic-tv/m-p/2997066
Badge
Thanks Ken,

Oh dear no fix then.

Not really a show stopper for me, but disappointing all the same, as the beam is connected to a bedroom tv and used as a stand alone unit. However if you’ve purchased a beam for home theatre integration and happen to own this type of TV that would be another story.

thanks again for your swift response