Answered

Sonos Beam

• 9 July 2018
  • 8 replies

Got my new Beam delivered today and it needed an update, Update failed (I have been trying all day to update) Error code has been 30 Beam. At the moment it is totally unusable when connected via HDMI ARC to my LG TV.
Is it locked until the release day or have I got a faulty unit?
I have other Sonos speakers and they are all ok.
Thanks in advance Craig
icon

Best answer by Keith N 9 July 2018, 22:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Got my new Beam delivered today and it needed an update, Update failed (I have been trying all day to update) Error code has been 30 Beam. At the moment it is totally unusable when connected via HDMI ARC to my LG TV.
Is it locked until the release day or have I got a faulty unit?

Some retailers have sent out Beams a little early before the release date (17th). The Beam will require an update before being set up and will be available by then. Stay tuned!
As a guess, it’s probably waiting on an update to be released by Sonos, which hasn’t occurred yet. Which retailer did this come from?
Oh. Keith posted .... 😉
Sonos haven't yet officially released the software to support the Beam.

Oh, everyone posted....
Thanks for the quick reply’s,I will keep on trying until next Tuesday and I should have received the bracket by then as well, I won’t say what retailer shipped it early as I would not want them to get in any trouble.
Thanks once again
Craig
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It's not the first time a retailer has shipped a Sonos product early. It's happened before, it'll happen again.
Great news, iOS update today and after a bit of messing around I have the beam all connected up to tv / amazon Alexa / music service and it sounds great so far. Great bit of kit
Great news, iOS update today and after a bit of messing around I have the beam all connected up to tv / amazon Alexa / music service and it sounds great so far. Great bit of kit

That's awesome news. I was walking through the store today and noticed a handful of Beams and wall mounts on the shelf - no price tag, no display model. Promptly grabbed them up and checked out. Ended up being $30 below retail on the Beam and $1 below retail on the mount, plus an extra discount from a circular that gave $25 off the entire purchase. Not a bad find at all! Excited to have my new Sonos home theater setup complete this evening (already have two Play:1s and a Sub).