Answered

SONOS BEAM 10.6.2 - Xfinity

• 9 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

Over the past month my Xfinity XR15 remote stopped controlling my sonos beam. It was working since September of 2019. 

The instructions on app say to “point at beam and press volume up.” No signal is being recognized. 

What other ways can I reconnect? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 March 2020, 19:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hey @antmar 

Welcome to the Sonos Community.

It seems that your remote has to be programmed to be used on Sonos. Follow the steps below to configure your XR15 remote:

1. Press and hold the “Setup” button until the status LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  2. Type in 33919 on the number buttons. Additional codes may be found in the remote manual.
  3. If the code is entered correctly, the status LED will flash green twice. If the status LED blinks red, then green the code was not entered correctly. Check that you are entering the correct code and try again.
  4. Use the remote to operate your Audio/Other (use Power, VOL, etc.)
  5. If these steps don't work, try another 4-digit or 5-digit code and repeat the above.

Once the code has been entered, try the remote control setup on the Sonos app.