Question

Sonos Arc with PS4 Pro audio delay issue

• 20 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Hey guys,

I recently bought a Sonos Arc and I would like to say it is a wonderful product. I’ve plugged the Arc soundbar in my Samsung Q70R(through ARC HDMI) and it found the Arc with one go and that it is Atmos compatible. I enjoy netflix shows with atmos and they sound great. The only issue I’m having is when I’m trying to play games from my PS4 Pro. There is a clear audio delay.

I select Bitstream Dolby on PS4 audio settings The only way to fix this is to switch to PCM which is stero and quite lame when you hear the dolby way.

Any of you encounter the issue and how to fix it? Will there be patch for the Arc or something?

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Unlikely that Sonos could ‘fix’ this with an update. Something along the data path is delaying the transmission before it reaches the Sonos. 

Badge

Presumably the sound is late and therefore the lip sync adjustments on the Sonos app are of no use?  Once Sonos release the promised 8 channel PCM update you should be sorted.  Oh, you will also have to  buy a new TV with eARC! :)

Badge

Just thought.  Not an ideal solution, but have you tried connecting your PS4 to the Arc using the supplied optical adapter?  If that helps you could swap connections at the back of the arc whenever you use your PS4.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Same problem.  I’m using optical from multiple sources via J-Tech Optical IR switch.  Please see my other posts.