Answered

Sonos Arc volume issue: the volume per source is very fluctuating

• 9 February 2021
  • 15 replies

Badge

Hello,

I have a very annoying and disapointing issue with my Sonos Arc.

First , with streaming services like Spotify, I need to put the volume up to 50% for earing music with good quality (loud and clear), whereas  20% were enough with my previous soundbar. I am a little bit sad about this.

Second, the tv sound (lg cx 55’) is much louder and clearer without the sound bar. I need to put the sonos arc to 70%. (dolby 2.0)

On Amazon Prime, directly from the tv : 30% is enough (dolby 5.1) , on netflix 40% (dolby 5.1 or pcm 2.0), spotify and youtube 20%.

With the PS4, LPCM is not a fairy tale, i can’t passtrough 5.1 correctly , the app indicates 7.1 and the sound is very quiet. On dolby the sound suffers from a brief delay and it’s not very clear.

I am very annoyed and disapointed, i wouldn’t recommend sonos. I can’t return my soundbar to my local supplier now, but for me it is just not usable.

My tv is up to date, my soundbar is up to date ..

I’ve tested many combinaison (arc → earc, passtrought option etc).

Do you have some informations to resolve this volume issue ?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 March 2021, 13:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 7

Is Volume Limit turned off in the Arc settings in the Sonos app? Under System Settings, is Audio Compression set to Uncompressed?

Badge

Yes it’s turned off and I have tried auto, compressed,and uncompressed.. no difference

Badge

I’am feel very alone with this issues .. 

Userlevel 7

Have you adjusted the EQ settings on your Arc? Is Loudness turned on? Have you done Trueplay tuning? Can you post photos of your TV settings?

Badge

LG

eArc: ON

HDMI Audio Input: Bitstream

Digital Audio Output: Pass Through

Sonos :

Loudness : on

Trueplay : yes since yesterday , no amelioration

Without tv 50% for spotify, on internal spotify lg app 20%, ps4 game (lpcm) 50%...

Userlevel 7

How large is your room? Have you tested it with a different HDMI cable? Is your TV’s firmware up to date?

Badge

26m2 and yes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @CarlDemus 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this problem? If so, I recommend you try a factory reset of your Arc. As this is your only Sonos product, please note that doing this will delete any favourites or playlists that you’ve created within the Sonos app.

Once the Arc has been set up again, test, and if things are the same I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for further assistance.

Badge

i’ve tried the factory reset, and now i’ve got a delay with internal app from my lg cx..

I’m having similar issue where TV built in speaker is louder than the arc. recently added a sub and no difference. Dod Trueplay tuning. Will have to try different hdmi cable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@SureshM Why is this a problem, since having the Arc means you do not use your TV-speakers anymore?

I was hoping for Arc to be louder than TV speaker.

i’ve tried the factory reset, and now i’ve got a delay with internal app from my lg cx..

Did you have any resolution for this?

I got in touch with technical support team and after 45 mins of the call, it felt like the rep didn’t have a clue of what’s happening. Is there a 2nd level support that can have access to more tools and data that can perhaps solve the problem?

Badge

Did you have any resolution for this?

no :(