Question

Sonos ARC- still muddy Bass

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

This review may have already been posted here but one more but honest.  I'm surprised by the early reviews that did not notice anything, probably paid by sonos and I will always be critical in the future.  Check out this video.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4VZxAC4BdTE&feature=youtu.be

I love the sound of the arc but I definitely hear the bass issues everyone is talking about. My deadline to send back is tomorrow. Hoping they find an issue soon. At some point I plan on getting a sub but regardless the arc should work without it. 

Did you send it back?

I kept it. I’ve only heard it a few times and it was mainly when listening to bass heavy music. I do plan on getting the sub eventually and am hoping either this or a software update fix the muddy bass. 

Hello,
I would like to ask if the announced update has already taken place, and the problem has been solved. Today I replaced the current SONOS BEAM with a new SONOS ARC, and I felt a significant shift down in sound quality As for the sound, I didn't expect that. Because the opposite should have happened. I updated to the current firmware version. SONOS ONE SL surround speakers are connected to SONOS ARC

Hi everybody.

with the problems with Arc, does it help with buying a Sonos sub, is the problem blown away then?

Are there any figures on how many have problems, sent back or received new ones?  How big is the problem and how many may have been sold?  if anyone knows :-)

thanks 

All quiet…

Then I have ordered a base, I really hope the noises disappear with the base taking over that assignment.  if the problem remains, I send back the base, arc and I throw a play1 on the garbage.  

The professional way from Sonos should now be to give a little feedback in all forums, otherwise they can shut this down, it is pointless to keep whining here if they do not even pay attention to it.

App and fw update out!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Is this why it is almost impossible to get hold of the Sonos Arc in Norway? I ordered it in the beginning of June, and still haven't got it. The store is telling me there is a delay, and every time the new delivery date is approaching, ther is a new delivery delay. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It’s hard to get because it is popular and sold out everywhere. 

Some people seem to be having persistent problems most seem to not be. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

It’s hard to get because it is popular and sold out everywhere. 

Some people seem to be having persistent problems most seem to not be. 

I hope you are right. Now I just read about the "Metallic Sound problem”. Beginning to wonder if I just should cancel my order, and wait and see if Sonos are able to fix this issues. I already have a playbar. The Arc was meant to be an upgrade, but not so sure anymore.