Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Userlevel 3

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

icon

Best answer by Ditte 22 January 2021, 17:53

View original

668 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Same here on my 55 Frame

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Jean C. / Sonos

Is there any update with the eARC issue on Samsung / Sonos Arc functionally?

Regards

Frank

Yup. Same problem here with my 65” Frame and Arc. @sonos and @ Samsung, when can this be fixed?

thanks

Same problem. Samuns the Frame 2020 and Sonos ARC setup. So annoying. Randomly occuring since initial ARC release. This should be fixed ASAP please.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Quick update:

q90t sonos arc...earc with no problems whatsoever...since the Samsung firmware upgrade also no cutouts anymore...

Userlevel 1

Still not working. When will it be fixed!!!!!

Samsung The Frame 2020 with Sonos Arc is now a bad combination. I WANT EARC!!!

Same problem here with a Q95T connected to the Sonos Arc. The Arc is not recognized as an EARC device and setting the HDMI-eARC Mode to Auto makes all sound disappear.

Hoping for a swift fix!

I have the same issue 65 Frame tv 2020 and just bought sonos arc.  No sound when turned auto earc.  Live chat samsung showed issue their forum guy said its US forum not Australia.  

Told me try go to

- Settings

- Support

- Device Care

- Self Diagnosis

- Sound Test

Will try tonight

Tried the below samsung frame 2020 doesnt work

Settings

- Support

- Device Care

- Self Diagnosis

- Sound Test

So is the concensus that this is related to the combination Arc+Connect One box?

Has anyone in this forum succeeded in getting eARC working with a Connect One equipped Samsung TV?

Sonos, do you guys have an update for us? A month ago you were “working on it”...

Strangely I tried full 4k mkv movies with dolby atmos playing through the nvidia shield 2019 using Kodi and I get atmos icon appear on the sonos app even though I set the earc off.

Add another to the list! 2020 Samsung frame 75. Called Sonos support and got nowhere with the status of them fixing this issue. Ready to send it back!

And another…………   Really annoying

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

same here - at least we can still get atmos through DD+ …. just not uncompressed (from disk)

I have Q95T 55” with the One Connect box, I’m having the same issues as everyone else. Set the TV to eARC “Auto” no sound, set if to “Off” I get sound. If I leave the eARC set to “Off” and then turn on the TV the next day, I get sound cutting/stuttering on and off every 2-3 seconds. So with either setting for eARC on the TV whether it’s “Auto” or “Off” is not working out for me. 

Userlevel 2

To summarise, Samsung 2020 models with the One Connect Box will not send any sound when eArc is enabled. Samsung 2020 models without the One Connect Box do. In Europe, only two models have the One Connect Box: The Frame and Q 95. Which models have the One Connect Box can differ between regions. To the best of my knowledge, however, one thing stays true all over the world, Samsung 2020 models with the One Connect box will not send any sound when eArc is enabled.

I was in contact with the Samsung support (again). The polite lady informed me that they had tried to get eArc working with several sound bars but failed. They had therefore escalated the support issue all the way to the top, which in their case meant to Korea. They were still waiting for an answer. They had no information on when an answer could be expected and were not in a position to find out either. They could simply wait. And wait. She suggested calling again in a week, not that it would make any difference.

Since the problem lies with the One Connect box, there is not much Sonos can do. Samsung needs to acknowledge the problem and explain to their customers what they are doing to resolve the problem and what the expected time frame is. Instead, so far, Samsung has said more or less nothing.

I would assume that the best way to get Samsung to speed up their process would be complaining publicly and, may I say, quite boisterously. Any suggestions?

Yet another disgruntled Sonos Arc + Samsung Q95T user. Works one time and then cuts off, and then fails to turn the TV on via remote the next day. Power cycle the OneConnect box and things work briefly before sounds drops off. No rhyme or reason - hard to make sense of the settings that are causing these issues.

What a pain this is turning out to be. Any suggestions on just using the Arc as a normal soundbar without all this fancy Atmos - i just don’t want to be fiddling around powercycling everyday! 

To summarise, Samsung 2020 models with the One Connect Box will not send any sound when eArc is enabled. Samsung 2020 models without the One Connect Box do. In Europe, only two models have the One Connect Box: The Frame and Q 95. Which models have the One Connect Box can differ between regions. To the best of my knowledge, however, one thing stays true all over the world, Samsung 2020 models with the One Connect box will not send any sound when eArc is enabled.

I was in contact with the Samsung support (again). The polite lady informed me that they had tried to get eArc working with several sound bars but failed. They had therefore escalated the support issue all the way to the top, which in their case meant to Korea. They were still waiting for an answer. They had no information on when an answer could be expected and were not in a position to find out either. They could simply wait. And wait. She suggested calling again in a week, not that it would make any difference.

Since the problem lies with the One Connect box, there is not much Sonos can do. Samsung needs to acknowledge the problem and explain to their customers what they are doing to resolve the problem and what the expected time frame is. Instead, so far, Samsung has said more or less nothing.

I would assume that the best way to get Samsung to speed up their process would be complaining publicly and, may I say, quite boisterously. Any suggestions?

Yes, here is a suggestion for you Imagination, keep bringing this issue up everywhere, I know I will. Point it out to HT forums, comment on YouTube videos and Influencers, whatever else you can think of. The more people that know about this, the less sales Samsung and Sonos may get. Then they will have to fix the problem promptly because it hurts their bottom line. 

I also have The Frame 65” along with the Sonos Arc and cannot get any sound to play through the Sonos when I switch on eARC. Watching this thread closely for suggestions to get it working!

I experience the exact same thing with „The Frame“ in combination with Sonos ARC. Both Samsung and Sonos confirmed independently today that the issue is known to them and they are working to solve it. However, no timeline can be communicated. Pretty annoying indeed. 

Already bought the Arc and planned to buy the Frame but will apparently look for other alternatives.

Could it be that the cable between the one connect box and the tv doesn’t have sufficient capacity to send through earc audio? Just a guess...

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

No idea, one of the original posters on here about eARC. Gave up and switched to an LG GX and never looked back. No eARC issues. Dolby Vision. Hope Samsung resolve this issue but it's over two months since I raised it so not looking good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@davidand Why would this cable send audio to the TV that is for this purpose just a monitor? And why would the TV then send it back to the Connect Box to pass it through to the Beam?

Userlevel 1

Today someone from Samsung Holland told on the forum that the issue is still pending at Korea. No news when they pick it up. Totally unacceptable! When you buy a new car with electronic windows, you expect that it's working and all, because you paid for it. When it turns out that it doesn't. What would you do? Go back ofcourse and demand they'll fix it. Not so different with the EARC situation. FIX IT!

Same issue here. Upgraded our Samsung The Frame 2019 model to the Samsung QLED 4K Frame 55LS03T (2020) model mostly due to the eARC support for our new bought Sonos ARC.

It is really disappointing that both Sonos and Samsung are not able to fix the addressed issue in this forum on time, while the first entry in this forum is already from 2 months ago. How complicated can a proper OTA firmware upgrade be for both the Sonos ARC and Samsung The Frame (model 2020) devices sold? From premium A brands like Sonos and Samsung, you would expect way better customer service and more importantly, much quicker fixes to software compatibility issues like this. Especially when you advertise with eARC support as main/key USP feature for both products...

@Samsung / @Sonos Management: please take appropriate action in order not to loose your first mover customers all over the world. Thanks!