Answered

Sonos Arc Muddy/Bottoming out Bass

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1406 replies

I did just that yesterday and added two One SL to my Arc. After I was very satisfied with the Arc, I am now very disappointed. It's really worse than before, the bass is completely missing, I have calibrated the room three times differently without a change. With decoupled One SL everything is good again, just as with TruePlay turned off.
TruePlay with the Arc alone was great and a big, positive change. However, together with the two One SL it is a real disappointment.

So have you tried adjusting the EQ/Loudness settings to get the audio as you like to hear it… I have no issues with the sound of the Arc at all, albeit in my own case I’m using it with Era 300’s and a Sub, but the front soundstage (at default EQ) is extremely good in our Living Room.

I did just that yesterday and added two One SL to my Arc. After I was very satisfied with the Arc, I am now very disappointed. It's really worse than before, the bass is completely missing, I have calibrated the room three times differently without a change. With decoupled One SL everything is good again, just as with TruePlay turned off.
TruePlay with the Arc alone was great and a big, positive change. However, together with the two One SL it is a real disappointment.

So have you tried adjusting the EQ/Loudness settings to get the audio as you like to hear it… I have no issues with the sound of the Arc at all, albeit in my own case I’m using it with Era 300’s and a Sub, but the front soundstage (at default EQ) is extremely good in our Living Room.

I did, but even if I raise the bass volume I’m not getting the warmer and deeper bass frequencies I receive without TruePlay. The bass is then rather higher and boomy.

Certainly it would be even better with a sub, but first I'm very surprised how much worse TruePlay became with just two more speakers. Currently it is turned off, so it is better than with TruePlay. But somehow not satisfying.

I did, but even if I raise the bass volume I’m not getting the warmer and deeper bass frequencies I receive without TruePlay. The bass is then rather higher and boomy.

Certainly it would be even better with a sub, but first I'm very surprised how much worse TruePlay became with just two more speakers. Currently it is turned off, so it is better than with TruePlay. But somehow not satisfying.

If the audio sounds better to your ears, without Trueplay enabled in your listening environment, having tested the various EQ settings, then i would just leave it like that. It’s what you personally prefer, that matters the most.

Anyone else get the firmware update out of the box? Could be the issue as well, I’d imagine reviewers would be running a different version which would help explain the discrepancy in reviews vs what we’re hearing 

If you're experiencing an issue or have a question about a product's firmware update, here are some steps you can take:

1. Check Official Documentation: Visit the official website or support page of the product to see if there are any release notes or instructions related to the firmware update.

2. User Forums and Communities: Join user forums or communities related to the product. Other users might have shared their experiences with the firmware update.

3. Contact Customer Support: Reach out to the product's customer support for guidance or to report any issues you're experiencing with the firmware update.

4. Review Sites and Forums: Check review sites, forums, and social media platforms where users discuss the product. You might find others sharing their experiences with the firmware update.

5. Consider Rolling Back: If the firmware update is causing issues, see if there's an option to roll back to a previous version. However, be cautious as this process may vary depending on the product.

Remember, it's always a good idea to back up any important data or settings before performing a firmware update or rollback.

Wow, what an odd post. 

Sonos does not offer a ‘rollback’ feature for their firmware/software. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Wow, what an odd post. 

Sonos does not offer a ‘rollback’ feature for their firmware/software. 

Quite artificial in its intelligence..