Sonos Arc keeps losing TV connection and shows connection issue

Every time I turn on my TV, the Sonos Arc doesn’t switch to the TV input (it is set to do so automatically). When I try to do this manually in the Sonos S2 app, the following error message shows:

Connection Issue

We’ve detected an issue with your HDMI connection. We’ll help you fix it.

Cancel | Fit it

When I click “Fix it”, the TV connection wizard starts with the following steps:

1. Please run on your TV è It is on already so I click “My TV is on”
  2. Connecting with HDMI-ARC è Continue
  3. Look for the ARC port on your TV è I found the ARC port
  4. Connect your Arc to ARC è I’m connected to ARC
  5. Connecting… è We are not getting a signal
  6. Try again starts over with step 4 resulting in step 5
  7. Try again, but now I set my TV’s output to HDMI2 (i.e. my HDMI-ARC port). I see the Sonos groovy 50’s lines and when I now click “I’m connected to ARC” the message shows “TV setup complete”
  8. Click done
  9. Set my TV to any source to play some content and the Arc plays music (and the Sonos App shows it’s connected)

But as soon as I turn off my TV and turn it on again, I need to do the same setup process over and over. The fun thing is that it worked flawlessly with my Playbar and Sonos Beam which I had previously with the same TV and rest of the setup.

My TV is a LG OLED 55B6V

Please advise, because this is getting really annoying.

Diagnostiscs:

• 942656442 – TV on, no sound from Sonos Arc, Arc still set to music
  • 1693472006 – TV on, sound is now working.

26 replies

Most welcome. Sorry for the simple cut and paste from my ‘standard’ reply, but it had all the information you were asking for.

And I expect that the reps will be seeing something in that diagnostic that would takes many times back and forth before we could begin to suss out the situation, shortcutting that process will likely ease your frustration level. And get you back to enjoying your system. Sometimes, hard data trumps anecdotal investigation ;)