Sonos Arc isn't compatible with 2020 Panasonic HZ OLED Series with eARC

• 11 January 2021
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have had my Panasonic HZ1000 since Christmas and updated from a Playbar to an Arc a week ago. No matter what I try I am unable to get the native tv apps to output Dolby sound. PCM in stereo yes no cut out, nothing wrong but as soon as I switch to Dolby output no sound or it is constantly breaking up. I had no problem at all with the playbar outputting 5:1. It wasn’t Atmos but at least I could get some form of surround sound.

I think I have no choice but to return the Arc as it seems its a common fault with all kinds of new TV’s and at £800 I might as well get something else that actually works with my TV!! Really poor from Sonos!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

It’s in Norwegian but you understand i hope :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

ethernet for Sonos, ATV & TV. New Cat 7 cables as well so they should be able to handle it.

I get approx 50mbp when testing wifi so adequate. I am starting to wonder about the wifi/Internet now though as i have exhausted most other options.

The 1080p was a photo i took thinking i had Atmos on but didnt. Here’s a couple more, thet show Atmos output on TV but no sound is actually being output as Sonos app says no signal. on about my system page. When I first switch the Tv on and am getting sound I get Atmos logo on TV and it says Atmos DD+ on the app but later as it degrades and eventually disappears the TV still says Atmos but the app says No signal. So strange. Even stranger I can still get Youtube, Freeview Play etc no problem even when Neftflix and Prime Video stop working. Might be something to do with there content being output in 2:1 stereo.

These photos show Tv saying Atmos being output but there is no sound coming from sonos arc.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

...and although I am not fluent in Norwegian I did understand the the Netflix info.

How was The Midnight Sky? I was considering watching that myself but saw mixed reviews online so hesitated.

Your English is excellent by the way, shame my Norwegian isn’t comparable!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Well...expected more scifi and action in that movie. A bit boring actually.

I’ll stick to Star Trek Discovery :-)