Question

Sonos Arc in not-so-open cabinet / shelve

• 15 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi! I have the Playbar and it works great, since the Arc came out I’ve been thinking on making the upgrade. My concern is that my tv is mounted on a custom designed shelve, and the Playbar is under it I another enclosed shelve, with a “roof”. And the way Atmos work it may not in this configuration? I’m attaching a photo so you can see what I mean. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Dude, I have got pretty much the same situation as you. Due to the lag-less tv design, I had to put the arc in the slot of the tv stand. In theory, this placement should affect the bouncing effects of up-firing and side-firing drivers. My tests show that it is true. 

However, my personal feeling is that, the Atmos effect is just reduced a bit, not too bad. I can still feel various differences and details with Atmos clips. My tv is only capable of doing lossless Atmos via arc with dd+ settings. That can also be a factor to the consider.

Overall, the Arc setup is definitely much better than Beam that was there. Well worth the upgrade. 

Hope that helps.