• 13 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

System is as follows:

LG OLED65C8PUA

Sonos Arc 5.1 w/sub and two Sonos One-SL

Tivo, Apple TV, Blu-Ray Player

I have had my Arc system for a few days.

At various times, the audio cuts out and the TV’s internal speakers take over.  After a few seconds, the Sonos white light starts flashing and eventually, switches back to the HDMI-ARC restoring full audio.  I have tried several cables and still experience the problem.  The last time it happened, I submitted diagnostics: 444199566.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Forgot to add, after the the flashing on the Sonos Arc, the TV displays ‘HDMI 2 Now Available’ (or something similar) and then the sound comes back.  HDMI 2 is the ARC input.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @scobsa.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

It looks like you’re already working with our support team. They should be able to help, but let us know if you have any further questions.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 1
Badge

So I may have resolved my issue.  The problem has not manifested itself for over a week.

I turned off the Auto Power Sync on my LG television.  Once I did that, no more issues with the Sonos Arc dropping out.  I have no idea why the TV would be taking the Sonos offline (my assumption) at random intervals, but fingers crossed, my problem has disappeared.  Hope it helps someone else.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

So I may have resolved my issue.  The problem has not manifested itself for over a week.

I turned off the Auto Power Sync on my LG television.  Once I did that, no more issues with the Sonos Arc dropping out.  I have no idea why the TV would be taking the Sonos offline (my assumption) at random intervals, but fingers crossed, my problem has disappeared.  Hope it helps someone else.

Don’t you need that on to control volume on tv, or is that separate from HDMI control CEC.

I have an LG tv as well.

Userlevel 1
Badge

From my experience: SIMPLINK has to be enabled or the Sonos does not output sound.  The Auto Power Sync, from the description, says it will turn devices off when the TV is turned off.  I do not care about that as I hope to get my Logitech Harmony to control my system. 

Both the LG remote and my Tivo remote control the Sonos volume with the settings I have described.  I will attach an image if I can.

This worked for me.  I would not have expected this particular setting to make a difference in resolving my problem, but so far it has.

I also spun around three times and spit, but that was just extra effort.  : )

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

From my experience: SIMPLINK has to be enabled or the Sonos does not output sound.  The Auto Power Sync, from the description, says it will turn devices off when the TV is turned off.  I do not care about that as I hope to get my Logitech Harmony to control my system. 

Both the LG remote and my Tivo remote control the Sonos volume with the settings I have described.  I will attach an image if I can.

This worked for me.  I would not have expected this particular setting to make a difference in resolving my problem, but so far it has.

I also spun around three times and spit, but that was just extra effort.  : )

Thanks, yeah just looked I will leave simplink enabled, but I have turned off auto power sync as I have no other devices that I use simplink with, and the Sonos from what I gather does not power off when I turn tv off as it’s on 24/7 just like all other Sonos speakers.

Am I correct about the Sonos arc not actually powering down with the tv when I switch tv off?

Badge

Just yesterday evening I had very similar issue with my system. Sonos Arc stopped outputting sound during the movie, flushed white light and then recovered. But my TV is TCL, not LG. Why the TV will decide to turn power off during the movie. Sounds some kind of bug on Sonos site.