Answered

Sonos Arc and Sony A8H TV

• 14 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

Has anyone experience if the combo Sony TV A8H and Sonos Arc will work flawless together ? Any known issues ?

Thanks

Frank

icon

Best answer by Jimmy C 17 March 2021, 23:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @areito.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help you.

This indeed can be best answered by those who are also using exactly the same devices, and hopefully, someone who does will stop by and be able to help you.

Furthermore, some of the community members might provide their own opinion about this anytime soon.

For reference, you may also check our support article that will describe some basic requirements when using Sonos speakers with your TV. 

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

I am currently experiencing issues where the video and sound will cut out for 1-3 seconds. The only input device connected to the A8H is an Apple TV 4K. Tonight I will attempt to update the firmware on each to see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Ben

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

Has anyone experience if the combo Sony TV A8H and Sonos Arc will work flawless together ? Any known issues ?

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank - Not sure if you are still lingering, but here are some comments…

I have a Sony A8H and Sony UBP-X800M2 4k blu-ray player that I use with a Sonos Arc (connected via e-arc), two Play:1s and a Sub (Gen2).  No other devices connected.  Previously, I had the intermittent audio popping/drop outs that have been widely reported when I used my tv’s streaming services. I contacted Sony and we tweaked some of my settings but the issue was eventually resolved by a Sony firmware update last December.  There has been a more recent firmware update since then.

I get full uncompressed Atmos from my 4k Blu-Ray discs and great sounding LPCM 5.1 from my DTS Blu-Ray discs. No problems getting Dolby+ Atmos from the streaming services as well.

A lingering issue is that when I pause discs or programs that I am streaming for more than just a few moments, the volume always reverts to zero, which is annoying.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

My Arc volume kept reverting back to zero after pausing discs or programs that I was streaming.  In another thread, Clem81 suggested enabling Autoplay in the Sonos app’s Home Theater settings. Although I already had Autoplay enabled, I disabled it, re-enabled it, and now it seems to have solved the issue.