My Setup:

Xbox Series X

Speaker audio =  Bitsream hdmi format Doldby Atmos

Headset format is Dolby Atmos for headphones

Arctis 7x Headphones

LG OLED 55 GX

Sound Settings are eARC Pass through Bitstream

Sonos ARC 

When i am using the 5.1 Sonos setup everyhting is fine. But when i turn on the headphone the 5.1 Sonos setup is not (fully) muted. I keep hearing the sound but its cutting in and out every second or so. Sound on the headphones is fine. 

I changed some settings on xbox and OLED but i cant get it to stop unless i lower the volume on Sonos to zero ( green led ).

At 1st i thought it was a problem with the headphones. I was using a Corsair HS75 XB headset which uses the xbox protocol for wireless connection. I changed to the Arctis ones which uses its own usb dongle but this didnt resolve the issue.

icon

Best answer by controlav 9 January 2021, 04:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

This is interesting as you have a similar set up to me however i have the Astro A50’s.

I thought it was a limitation of the xbox, that it was unable to pass Atmos to both devices at once. i.e. if a headset is connected and Dolby Atmos selected it will only be able to output (LPCM?) to the Arc. 

I raised the question within the Astro reddit subforum in fact:

Are you sure the settings you have posted above are correct? If i have the headset settings set to Dolby Atmos then i am unable to select Bitstream for the HDMI/home theater settings. Basically when i plug the USB cable from the Astro’s into the Xbox SX the HDMI settings become greyed out

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There is an issue with headphones and Atmos/DTS:X under investigation in Xbox currently.