Question

Sonos AMP speakers stopped playing music or surround.

Ive had an amp, soundbar and surround speakers working fne in the lounge. The speakers did play full music when music was playing and auto switched to surround when the TV was on. all good. But now there is no music or surround coming form the speakers. They are connected as i can hear the tone when i change the amps volume. Ive tried disconnecting the surrounds and re connecting and it says they are - but no sound. any thoughts on what i’m missing? thanks in advance. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the sound bar from power for about a minute.

Thanks for the reply, @GuitarSuperstar  I tried this but no joy. I did (and to be honest I'm not certain I remeber how) manage to make the amp be a different room from the soundbar and at that point the amp LR speakers worked and the soundbar worked, but the amp LR didn't work as surround for the TV. As soon as I made the amp the same room and connect with the soundbar only the soundbar worked and no LR speaker. I do also have a move in that room and that seems to work a treat. Next I think I'll try factory reseting the soundbar to see what happens.  

This is the system info. Not sure what the WiFi note means. 

Moderator edit: Serial numbers redacted

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you by any chance disable the Arc’s radio? The radio it uses to connect to Surround and the Sub?

Sonos labeled that disable WiFi in the Controller which is confusing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Arc is still on WM:1, which seems to say it is wifi connected. That in turn suggests WiFi is turned on on the Arc.

@Stanley_4 not that im awre of. I dont see an option in the Sonos App to be able to toggle Radio on or off. Where would that be done?

@106rallye There all wireless, no cabled - whats the significance of the amp being WM:3? 

many thanks for the help. dm 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

See https://support.sonos.com/article/check-if-sonos-is-in-a-wireless-or-wired-setup#

WM:3 means your surrounds cannot be found.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Settings, Products, (pick the room) pick the Arc, look at the Connection option.

Remember:

Sonos labeled that disable WiFi in the Controller which is confusing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dmalcolm 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had with your surrounds. Your Amp should not be reporting WM:3 - presently, only Era 100s or Era 300s should do that. If rebooting the Amp does not help (and as you’ve already tried removing surround and adding), I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.