Answered

Sonos Amp completely wireless surround options (i.e. the Move is not an option)

• 5 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I’ve just purchased the Sonos Amp and a pair of B&W 607 S2 Anniversary’s for front speakers.  I’m ok with that for now but would consider adding a pair of rears at some stage.  My understanding is that the Amp that is driving the B&Ws can also send rear signals to rears as long as they have their own amplification.

However, my preference would be for the rears for be completely wireless and the Move doesn’t support surround sound.  Will the Sonos Amp send rear signals to any other wireless speakers such as the Bluesound Pulse’s?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 February 2021, 02:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

I’m assuming you have the Amp connected to your TV and would like to achieve a 4.0 home theater setup. If so, you would actually need a second Amp to power another pair of non-Sonos speakers as rear surrounds. It would be easier to add a pair of Sonos One SLs or Sonos Fives as surrounds if you want to stay wireless.

I’m assuming you have the Amp connected to your TV and would like to achieve a 4.0 home theater setup. If so, you would actually need a second Amp to power another pair of non-Sonos speakers as rear surrounds. It would be easier to add a pair of Sonos One SLs or Sonos Fives as surrounds if you want to stay wireless.

Thanks for your response. Are you sure? What if the non sonos speakers were active in the same way the Sonos Ones are? I.e. The Bluesound Pulses. The reason I ask is that I have no power outlets anywhere near where the rears would need to be positioned and I don't want to run cables across the room. 

@GuitarSuperstar  is indeed correct. The Sonos speakers are essentially computers run by Sonos software in an integrated system.