Answered

sonos amp 1st gen

• 27 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, Just wondering is someone has the answer to this ??

I’ve just put my Sonos first gen in my bedroom & set it on a new Samsung tv & connected to optical cable & I can’t control volume on tv on the tv control. I done some digging & it seems that it’s not possible to control volume on tv control. Anyone found a away round it ??. I’m happy to use my phone but the Mrs my struggle 😂. Thanks for your time. Tony

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 November 2022, 19:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, the CONNECT: AMP has no IR receiver in it, you’d need to use a controller on a device to change the volume. 

However! The CONNECT: Amp also does not have optical. So maybe you have some other device? Maybe a PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE, both of which do have IR receivers, and can be ‘trained’ to recognize the TV remote?

Thanks for your reply’s,  I’ve got both amps the first one & recently I brought the latest one, My first amp was in the kitchen & I have now moved it up stairs. I run the old amp off S1 & 3 beams,1 sub & 1 roam & 1 amp off S2 Thanks for your help have a great evening, 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What device do you mean when you say “amp 1st gen”? Do you mean the Connect:amp (of which there is a Gen 1 and a Gen 2) or it’s successor the Amp (of which there is only one generation)?

If you are using an Amp it can be taught to listen to the Samsung remote: https://support.sonos.com/article/use-a-samsung-one-remote-with-sonos-home-theater-speakers