SONOS 7.1 Surround Sound System

Userlevel 3
Come on SONOS 7.1 and 7.2 Surround Sound is already years old, 9.1 & 9.2 seen as its update,

A SONOS 7.1 system would be very much in demand, loads of questions on here already about producing it, Id buy today if it was available, 7.1 channels with that SUB, awesome, come on SONOS make us even happier,...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
I would imagine it's a lot more than a mere software tweak to create a bigger scale wifi HT system. IMO if you're looking for more speakers you're better off with a proper receiver based system.
Badge
That’s the thing, Sonos 5.1 costs > 2000 usd, Onkyo 7800 5.1 costs 900 cad. I believe sonos must make the step
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
This is a wireless system that also offers unparalleled multi-room audio and streaming support. That is what you're paying for. It has always been 5.1 and is working as advertised.

Again, it's not just a matter of a software tweak. There would be a lot more to consider when taking into consideration adding more speakers into a wireless setup. If you want more than get a wired system.
I would imagine it's a lot more than a mere software tweak to create a bigger scale wifi HT system. IMO if you're looking for more speakers you're better off with a proper receiver based system.

Interesting. Same cooment you gave me. You keep making this statement about everyone being better off with receiver sys, but not saying why you think receiver is better?

I've had many receivers. I don't agree. Sonos wifi with proper software would be a clear wireless winner. I just hope they get it working before their competition takes us all away form Sonos.
Badge
Nowadays you guys has created wireless 5.1, soon you’ll create wireless 7.1. I bet you will. Merry Christmas 🆒

Possibly A bit of hardware , a bit of software, and sonos rules the sound systems
Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Interesting. Same cooment you gave me. You keep make this statement about everyone being better off with receiver sys, but not saying why you think receiver is better?

I've had many. I don't agree. Sonos with proper software would be a clear winner.

Already answered you in the other thread. You are using a soundbar and are not going to be able to get the same separation nor use it as a dedicated centre (it's a 3.0 speaker). That requires new hardware but is not the purpose of that system. That is why the Sonos Amp was created. You get a phantom centre channel and can connect with proper speakers while also pairing with Sonos.