Answered

Sky Q remote has stopped working with Beam

• 4 January 2019
  • 4 replies

I have read as many of the relevant posts here but can't find an answer to my problem. Any help appreciated. When I installed my Beam in August it worked perfectly with my Sky Q remote until a few weeks a go. I have changed the batteries in the remote moved closer to the Beam etc. etc. but just cannot get to to work again.
icon

Best answer by Bootsja 6 January 2019, 19:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +1
Have you been in to settings on the sonos app and re run the remote control setup?

Settings > room settings > then whatever you have named your Beam > remote > remote control setup

Hope this helps
Thank you for the thought. Yes I had tried this. I just keep getting a message saying no signal received from the remote. Any further ideas much appreciated.
Not familiar with Sky Q remotes, so I've got a few possibilities.

1) Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote?
2) Can the remote be switched from IR to bluetooth and/or back again? The Sonos system is expecting only IR, not bluetooth, so the remote has to be sending an IR signal
3) Is there something blocking the IR receiver on the Beam? See the location of the IR receiver here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3404
Thank you for all of these suggestions.I did check all of these things and then stumbled on the solution myself. Basically I 'reinstalled the remote by closing to replace the existing one (the same one!). Hey presto - all working.