Answered

Samsung QN75Q7DRAF not passing Atmos to SONOS Arc from Sony - UBP-X800M2

• 14 March 2024
  • 1 reply

As the title says - I am having issue getting ATMOS to passthrough Samsung QN75Q7DRAF to SONOS Arc from Sony - UBP-X800M2

The Samsung does NOT have eArc only Arc - I had an AppleTv 4K which I discovered will not pass ATMOS through to reg arc only eArc - anyone know if the Sony has the same issue?   I have searched other threads and made the changes on the Sony Blu-Ray and still no luck 

Built in TV Apps like AppleTV/Disney etc DO send ATMOS mix to the Sonos Arc, and if I use Sonos App, I get ATMOS from both AppleMusic or Amazon Music.

This all frustrating because I am trying to go more minimalist and got rid of a Denon AVR3500, Polk floor standers & center channel and an Outlaw LFM-x1 sub to go all Sonos - Really going to suck if the TV is the now the weak link in the chain!

I don't see any updates that were made by Samsung to upgrade the ARC port to eARC (if even possible) Is there any kind of adaptor that could fix this?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 14 March 2024, 13:41

View original

1 reply

Blu-Ray discs have full bitrate Dolby TrueHD soundtracks which cannot pass via ARC, they need eArc.