Answered

Remote

• 5 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Is there a remote that is compatible with the Beam Gen2 instead of using the app?  

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 January 2024, 23:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If the Beam is connected to the TV via ARC or eARC, then the TV’s remote will work, by sending a signal to the TV, which then passes it to the Beam.

Userlevel 7

Hi

Great advice from @Airgetlam. In addition to your TV remote you can also use an AppleTV Remote if you own an AppleTV.

However, I'm a bit concerned because during setup of the Beam 2 with your TV part of the process is to grab your TV remote to complete the setup process. That said...your TV remote should already be capable of controlling the Beam 2 (so to speak) 🤔.  Therefore, why do you ask the question and just exactly how are you trying to control the Beam 2?

If you are trying to control it for volume during music playback when the TV is off….then no remote will work. You will have to use one of the following:

• The App on your phone or tablet
  • Volume controls on the Beam 2
  • Voice Assistant (if enabled).

If you are trying to control it for volume during music playback when the TV is off….then no remote will work. 

Incorrect. The Beam will respond to IR commands from any remote that it’s been configured for.

Userlevel 7

If you are trying to control it for volume during music playback when the TV is off….then no remote will work. 

Incorrect. The Beam will respond to IR commands from any remote that it’s been configured for.

@ratty 

Good to know. I’ll have try it on my Beam 2 when just streaming music. Just exactly where is the IR receiver located on the Beam 2? 

@ratty

Good to know. I’ll have try it on my Beam 2 when just streaming music. Just exactly where is the IR receiver located on the Beam 2? 

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/ir-sensor-location-on-sonos-home-theater-products

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The IKEA Dirigera also works well on Sonos - you need the remote and the Dirigera hub.