Answered

Random volume increase

• 9 November 2019
  • 13 replies

Volume on TV setup with sub, playbar, and two ones are randomly increasing the volume when playing music. Has not happened when watching TV. Random volume increase is random, but when it happens a song is playing and the volume will jump up. It will often jump up again to the point it is extremely loud. Resulting in just 

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 15 November 2019, 22:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

There have been a few reports of similar issues. It would be helpful if you submit a Diagnostic immediately after one of these events, then post the confirmation number here.

Same issue here on my sonos one. Did it three times two to three mins apart. Went to phone to find that Spotify was open, so closed it and so far mo more episodes. Next time it does a random increase I'll post a diagnostic as suggested.

Just did it again. Suddenly spotify appeared in the task bar on my android phone and the volume increased. Diagnostic 356433536

happening to me, highly annoying on a pair of play 1’s woosh goes the volume, diagnostic 191584755

Try removing the Spotify app from your controller device, and see if you can reproduce the issue. 

removed spotify app, started playist spotify playlist from within sonos app instead. volume leapt up midway through the second song.

Fascinating. Thanks for testing that. Hopefully, the work that Sonos is doing with the Spotify engineers will be able to identify where the issue is, given the data provided with various community members, and come up with a fix.

Same with me, starting yesterday.  Was playing Spotify.  Closed the spotify app and streamed directly to Sonos, but a few songs later the volume jumped.  Have had Sonos speakers for 2 years; this is a new problem.

Followup: I was using Spotify on my PC (Windows 10), not my phone app.  Closed the app but Sonos volume jumped again.

Reports are more valuable if a diagnostic is included.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I’m making the rounds to the threads, but if you’re having this issue and you’re using an Android phone, there’s a new Spotify app for Android available today, version 8.5.32.889, which should resolve the volume ramping up when using Spotify direct control. If you’ve been having this issue, please make sure to update your Spotify app and test it out.

If it’s still giving you trouble, let us know!

All,

Does the volume indication appear on any of these TVs with the Beam?

I am having the same problem with a recently purchased Sonos One, and I don’t even use the Spotify app, or have it installed. It was raising the volume on its own when I opened a nearby door; but it’s also raised the volume without that happening. It only raises one of several grouped speakers. Disabling the touch controls in the app did not stop it.