Answered

PS5 audio lag - PLEASE HELP

• 12 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi. I noticed there are a lot of threads dedicated to this issue dating back to 2021, but none look like they were ever resolved. 

I have Sonos playbar + sub + 2 rear Sonos ones. A PS5 is connected to my Samsung Q90T via hdmi and a digital optical is connected to my Playbar. When I play games with Dolby or DTS (via ps5 audio setting) there is a noticeable lag when characters are talking in-game. When I switch to PCM via PS5 settings, the lag issue goes away, but it’s no longer 5.1 anymore. It’s stereo. I tried an eARC pass through adapter which worked for a little while (i think) then didn’t anymore. I was thinking of getting the Sonos Arc but read that people are still having the same issue, as are people with Sony and LG TVs. The PS5 is clearly the culprit, but Sony has done nothing to resolve or even acknowledge the issue. 

Has anyone figured out a solve?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 June 2023, 07:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Make sure the Digital Output Audio Format setting on the TV is set to Pass-Through and set HDMI-eARC Mode to OFF.

And set the PS5 to these settings:

Output Device: HDMI Device (AV amplifier)

HDMI Device Type: AV amplifier

Number of Channels: 5.1 ch