Answered

PS4 Pro - DTS Transcoding / PLAYBASE

• 3 May 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
My current setup and TV is able to passthrough DD 5.1
Playbase is connected to tv directly via optical and Apple TV, cable are all able to passthrough 5.1 verified on the sonos about app. My PS4 for gaming or using built in Netflix app is supporting DD 5.1. However when I play a Blu Ray that has DTS with no other options it's transcoding to Stereo. I've done some searching but haven't been able to confirm whether this is PlayStation issue or Sonos issue. Has anyone had success with this?
icon

Best answer by Paulw123 3 May 2017, 16:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Sonos only supports DD5.1, DD5.1+, and stereo.
So you have it set up the best you can I think.
There are some Blu-ray/UHD players that can convert DTS to DD5.1 internally, which would give you DD5.1 on sonos, if you are looking to buy another player.
From what I have read, mostly on these discussions, is that Samsung is the only widely available brand that has settings options to adjust output to dolby digital and hence be fully compatible with Playbar. I will find out tomorrow when my gear arrives!