Answered

PS4 audio not playing

• 14 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a Sony Bravia Tv. A PS4 and a Sonos beam (and surround).

the moment I switch to playing the PS4, no sound comes from my tv. The same things happens with my bell receiver. Any suggestions? What is the proper sound set up for it to work?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 December 2021, 00:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Perhaps see this thread..

I personally prefer to use Bitstream, rather then LPCM (gen-2 Beam/eARC only), but that’s a matter for yourself.

The version of Dolby will depend on whether it’s a Beam (gen1) or (gen2). The earlier version supports upto DD5.1 (compressed audio) and the newer Beam supports upto Dolby TrueHD (uncompressed) over an eARC connection. All versions support DTS (not DTS-HQ, and not DTS-X). 

Check your TV can pass-through the selected codecs through its ports too. Most modern TV’s have a ‘pass-through’ option on their HDMI/Arc/eARC ports and I would select that. If not, then try ‘Auto’ for the TV sound-out (that’s usually the default option), to begin with.