Product Suggestions: Sonos AMP to allow multiple separate Sonos speakers.

• 1 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’m a very happy owner of a Sonos Arc, Two Play Fives (rears) and 2 subs.

Let me first say - kudos - this is the closest I have been able to get to a high end dedicated separates setup from a wireless (speaker cable perspective) setup. 

I bought into Sonos because I really appreciate the configurability of the speaker range and I am a huge believe in dedicated powered speakers where each speaker contains it’s own dedicated pre-amp/amp and woofer technology closely mated to each other.

While I truly do love my Sonos Arc set, I do feel that there is a possible step up in sound quality that Sonos *could* offer…

Allow the Sonos Amp to wirelessly connect 5 separate Sonos Fives (Front left, center, Front Right, rear left, rear right) for dedicated 5.1/5.2 setup.

If Sonos wanted to go all out it would be lovely to know that I could grow my home theatre setup into a true 5.2.4 setup (augmenting the above setup with dedicated One’s for height atmospheric effect.

While I appreciate just how good the Sonos Arc is, it’s nice to know that you can grow your setup into more exotic configurations over time for real hi-if nuts like myself!

Just a suggestion - I would envisage that your existing AMP could also be sold - either as the same model or as an updated model with additional codec and additional HDMI hub support support for DTS/DTSX etc... 

The differentiation here to other ‘wired’ systems e.g. Denon amp is that it allows Sonos to retain the wireless reconfigurability (move your speakers into another area of your house as required) and reconfigure for a big movie night at home reasonably easy. An Amp that supports this capability also helps to address the lack of HDMI hub capability in the existing ARC.

Anyway, hope this suggestion makes it’s way onto your suggestion list :)

Just my 0.02.

Best Regards and happy and healthy new year to everybody.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @tomInCanada.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for the feedback and feature request. We appreciate it a lot as these type of feature request helps us to know more about how to improve our products. I will be more than happy to send this to our engineering team as a feature request. I would suggest subscribing to our announcement topic for any feature release, feature updates, and bug fixes. Just to set your expectation, you will not be contacted or updated for any progress made on your feature request that is why i highly suggest subscribing to this thread and to our announcement topic.

If you have any other questions, concerns, or feature requests, please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic. We highly appreciate it.

Thanks and Happy New Year,