Question

Problem with Playbar IR receiver port

• 4 February 2017
  • 3 replies

After 2+ years, we decided to see if there was any difference in the sound between a flat and upright position of the Playbar. While we discovered no great difference, we did find that the IR receiver on the side could be activated by our Charter controller from over 25 feet, but the receiver on the top was only responsive at about 8' or closer. Has anyone found a similar issue? Is this a known issue or just likely hardware failure? Thanks, Ken K

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hey, Ken

It sounds like the PLAYBAR may not have been powered off when it was changed from the tabletop orientation to TV below. When changing the orientation of the PLAYBAR there is an accelerometer that will detect the orientation of the PLAYBAR and active the correct IR sensor. As a best practice, you will want to power the PLAYBAR off and unplug the optical cable prior to placing it in the new orientation. Once the PLAYBAR is in the new orientation, plug the optical cable back in and then the power cable. The accelerometer will then determine which IR sensor to make active. Let me know if following this method helps.
Yes, thanks. When there was no response here, I contacted customer support, and they set me on the correct path. As you wrote, I followed similar instructions and it works like a charm. Thanks! Love your products, by the way.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
No problem. Let me know if you need anything else.