Answered

Port out of sync with other Sonos

• 19 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a total of 7 other speakers, the boost and now the port that I have connected my home theater to.   When playing music all of my speakers are now out of sync with timing.   I’ve done all the updates.  Tried all 3 channels,  restarted the network and restarted each speaker.   Is there something else I can do to make them all play at the same time because my house now sounds like a echo chamber.  

icon

Best answer by Belly M 19 January 2021, 10:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried changing the WiFi channel on your router? Is your Boost too close to your router?

Badge +20

Your home theatre amp is adding a delay, look in the handbook for a direct or pure mode. This would bypass any additional processing and hopefully make it sync with the rest of your Sonos equipment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I had the same issue and needed the same solution on two systems. Both my Denon and Yahama AVRs added a delay when in anything other than direct mode, bypassing the equalization and other processing.