Please add support for DTS for the Sonos Playbar.

Userlevel 2
A hifi homecinema soundbar without dts support seems not up to date for me. Are there any plans to add dts support?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1190 replies

I am using Sonos in order to listen to music, mainly P1s. I really like the system.

Until I found out that Sonos does not support DTS, I was thinking about buying the Playbar and the 2 P1s for surround sound for my TV.

Instead, I will now probably go with http://www.teufelaudio.co.uk/home-cinema/cinebar-51-set-p8457.html , as this supports DTS.

I can only say that you are losing out on a lot of potential customers like myself.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
count my vote DTS Support please!
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
That's correct i have tested it out  (DTS AND DTS-HD) and indeed there will come dolby digital 5.1 out.
However this is not what we Sonos users want, Sonos must Licence DTS for the Playbar then only we can enjoy the real DTS sound.Come on Sonos Just Do It!!!
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
John M- do u have an update for us or shall we wait another year??
Badge +18
Vineet, I do not have an update at this time. You will be notified via email when an update is made to the thread.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Thanks, I like to be optimistic. Love Your system, and want to stick with Sonos for long time. Thank you.
The playbar is an out of date product at this stage... adding DTS should be of highest priority. I can't believe this is not something you are trying to do now! Amazes me.
Couldn't agree more, I have been waiting for 10 months + now for Sonos to release DTS support on the playbar. I am waiting to buy both the sub and playbar once this is confirmed.
An official non-response response to the thread for the first time in months? Sounds about as good as my Blurays do when I try and play them through the Playbar...
Playbar needs DTS support. It cannot be a surround sound system without it.
Playbar needs DTS support. It can't be a surround sound system without it.
Agree with the post above, the company silence on this issue is pathetic. It's just rude and dishonoring to your customers.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Lack of DTS will prevent me from buying a Playbar. Come one Sonos !
DTS support please, have to switch between PCM and Dolby eachtime I watch a movie. This is really annoying so please count my vote and add DTS.
Sonos' lack of transparency on this topic has really ruined their reputation for me. I used to be a huge Sonos fan, but the way they are handling this DTS issue is terribly disappointing. They've had enough time to come out with a clear message to customers, but have only left people with an "under consideration" statement. Part of paying premium prices for Sonos products is expecting premium service, unfortunately this is not the case.
Just came back from best buy and spoke with a magnolia rep about the lack of DTS for the playbar, the main reason I returned a couple of weeks ago. According to his supervisor who just returned from new training, sonos is going to release an update that includes DTS for the playbar. We'll see in the coming days if it's true or not, I forgot to ask for a timeline, I was there to purchase something else.
DTS is BASIC where is the UPDATE?
Userlevel 3
Badge
Sonos get this sorted! We want and need DTS!!!!!!!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Get this sorted Sonos! This is pathetic! Your reputation is in ruins over this fiasco!!!!
Badge
Please do this now!!! My £1800 investment in sonos equipment is suffering.
Please add DTS support!!! Without that "feature" I'll never buy that product. 
Userlevel 2
@Wilson:
That sounds great. But if it is like you / the supervisor says and the DTS support is on our doorstep, why wouldnt they mark it as planned here and calm us all down?
@Wilson:
I agree with Fabian, if it were planned then it would make sense to just change the status of this to planned.  So I don't hold out much hope that it is true.

It's madness, if anyone actually googles the Sonos Playbar for over 5 minutes then they will find this thread like I did.. and then they may do what I did and decide to hold off buying, even though my other half has approved me spending £1,500 on a sonos system and I can't wait to buy it... But then maybe this thread in it's current state is better than a thread that shows all these requests and then they say "no"??
Hmmm , have to agree with the flow of the thread. I've been looking at a Sonos 5.1 solution as I have other Sonos components I'm very happy with. But lack of DTS has swung my decision to AV amp separate and speakers. Shame , would have been good to stick with Sonos.
i thought i found the solution for my new home, but was quite astonished to learn DTS is not supported. Will not buy it untill 'under consideration' is changed to 'implemented'.