Please add support for DTS for the Sonos Playbar.

Userlevel 2
A hifi homecinema soundbar without dts support seems not up to date for me. Are there any plans to add dts support?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1190 replies

Userlevel 1
Yes, please go to their Facebook page.
Maybe they'll feel more pressure if more than 250K people see this instead of a couple forumites.

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/sonos
Hi John
how is the state after three months? "DTS" is Bluaray standard and here we have only stereo and not 5.1. With DVD we have AC3 5.1 but then a bad picture. Sonos advertises we bring your home theater to the rock. For me it rocks only in old DVD and not with Blueray.
What is the status?

@ All I do not like Facebook, but I have good connections to a few major newspapers in Germany publishers.
Userlevel 2
I would like to see DTS Support Added As Well
I would also would like it, I just hope it's a software update!
Hi
how is the state after three months? "DTS" is Bluaray standard and here we have only stereo and not 5.1. With DVD we have AC3 5.1 but then a bad picture. Sonos advertises we bring your home theater to the rock. For me it rocks only in old DVD and not with Blueray.
What is the status?

@ All I do not like Facebook, but I have good connections to a few major newspapers in Germany publishers.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Thanks Oliver, we should use social media by all means to bring this out in public. May be then they would take a stance..
I too wish I could get true 5.1...I've started reencoding my library with dual audio where available, but most blurays simply don't have dolby audio, it's all dts-hd, and in cases where it has acs 5.1, it's only for french/spanish/etc tracks.

PLEASE give us dts. Like many others with the playbar, I'm very much invested in this system, and I don't want to get anything else. With Bose and Samsung pushing the wifi audio thing, would it not make sense to make this happen? I mean, it's not some strange and obscure audio format, it's pretty common.
Lack of dts decoding is the #1 thing keeping me from getting a playbar. I love my other sonos components. With the addition of the play 1 and its ability for two to be used as the rear surround speakers, it seemed like sonos had a legit 5.1 system. But there is no way I'd get equipment that won't play audio from most blu rays.
I want to add Playbars to two of my TVs, but I won't do that until DTS is supported.
Userlevel 2
Badge
when will DTS be supported. it's unbelievable that it is not!
i can't watch most of my movies which are in DTS only!
Missed the boat Sonos , bought a yamaha ysp-3300 which is excellent really pleased and its GOT DTS and cost £350 less
Like everyone, I am waiting badly for this! Implementing DTS would make this system one of the best.
I was so close to buy the all set with Playbar, Sub, and 2 x Play:1. Then i discovered this DTS non-support. My reaction was : "what a joke ! Dolby but not DTS ?!". How can you speak about home cinema with no DTS ? Impossible. Ready to pay 1600€, but with DTS. Otherwise i will buy nothing or something else to concurrent. So ridiculous...
Please add dts to sonos playbar!
It's fucking annoying to create workarounds (with less audio quality)!
Hi John
What is the status?
Userlevel 2
how about a little Christmas update on this Sonos? Just an ETA on when a decision will be made would be better than the infuriating silence we have at the moment!
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Sonos please add a working DTS codec for the Sonos Playbar that's all what we Sonos Playbar users want, its a shame that It still not is available!! Come on Sonos keep the good work on and install those DTS codecs to the Sonos Playbar! I hope Sonos listening to his customers and will add soon the codecs, than it will be a fantastic system!!!
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Amen @Roel Jetten
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
@All- till the time Sonos come up with the response (not sure if they will), use this software to convert DTS to DD 5.1 of your mkv files..It does a pretty good job in audio converstion..I understand it is a hassel, but it's worth it especially after spending so many bucks on this playbar. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PopCorn-MKV-AudioConverter
please add DTS as I will be unable to have surround sound from my XboxOne!!!
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
There is also an issue is being reported in many threads regarding sound drop outs from the playbar from TV broadcasts.. One that I have been following has been archived and is not visible to community members, even though the followers are still commenting on this issue. I have been suffering the same issue for several months and recently gave up trying to resolve it as the conclusion from Sonos support teams is that the issue is due to lots of HD broadcasts being in Dolby Digital Plus which is not fully supported by the playbar. The only way is to downgrade to stereo which defeats the point of investing in a high end surround system.
I am starting to think that there is a real problem here that SONOS are hiding by archiving threads. With the DTS problem from BluRay and the DD+ issue from Netflix and HD channels, there are not many sources left that the Playbar supports. 
What are SONOS going to do with all these problems from a complete lack of correct product development.
Please add this feature as this is the only thing that's stopping me from purchasing a full 5.1 sonos system
come on give a Update
Badge
Really IS TIME you got this Sorted Sonos
Badge
Really IS TIME you got this Sorted Sonos