Answered

PLAYBASE & PHILIPS 42PUS7809 TV REMOTE CONTROL

• 30 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hi there,
Any one can give me any useful hint as to how to set up my TV Philips remote control with my brand new Sonos playbase?:?
I followed the instructions nor less than 10 times unsuccessfully, and getting quite frustrated having to use the mobile to turn up/down the volume on the TV...
Many thanks in advance,
icon

Best answer by Keith N 1 December 2017, 00:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, mpromera. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I did a little digging around and found the user manual for your TV. On page 25, it explains:

"The remote control of the TV uses RF (radio frequency) to send its commands to the TV. With RF, you do not need to point the remote control at the TV. However, the TV can also receive commands from a remote control that uses IR (infrared) to send commands. If you use such a remote control, always make sure you point the remote control at the infrared sensor on the front of the TV."

The PLAYBASE can only read IR frequencies from remote controls. Seems like you will need to use another remote, such as a Universal Remote.

Hope you found this to be helpful.