Answered

playbar works but surround play 3 speakers don't

• 29 September 2013
  • 223 replies

my sonos play bar and surround sound play 3's work perfectly when i play music or apple tv but when on tv nothing comes out of surround sound speakers. all my components are connected into the tv and then the playbar has optical out. so it clearly works as music and apple tv work but normal tv channels only play through the bar. please help
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 23 December 2013, 20:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

223 replies

Hello,

If you're experiencing an issue where the TV sound doesn't have the surround speakers active, but playing music works fine there is a patch available which will boost the sound. This is for a specific issue which we can identify if you submit a diagnostic for us. 

Please reply back to this thread with your confirmation number and we can check if you're experiencing this issue and flag you for the update if it's applicable.

Cheers.

Hi I am having the same issue. Confirmation number is 3355606
I have the same issue diagnostic: 3354288
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

If you're experiencing an issue where the TV sound doesn't have the surround speakers active, but playing music works fine there is a patch available which will boost the sound. This is for a specific issue which we can identify if you submit a diagnostic for us. 

Please reply back to this thread with your confirmation number and we can check if you're experiencing this issue and flag you for the update if it's applicable.

Cheers.

Hello User132678,

You've been flagged for that update, go ahead and check under Manage.
I am also having this issue - play 1s won't work during normal tv operation, but will work for DVD and Iphone music.  Diagnostic code is 3347672.  thank you so much!

Just an update for others experiencing this problem and the patch didn't work.  Time Warner came out today and switched cable boxes and my Play 1s now work.  Yippeee!!!  Had a Cisco HD cable box.  It was replaced with a Motorola one and we are back in business!!
Hello,

Cheers.

diagnostic uploaded on 3361471 same problem with play 3's
I have the aame problem with play 3's and playbar. Diagnostic 3361640. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Mark, you're now flagged for the update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey Grant,

You're good to update now too. Go ahead and check under Manage.
Hi can you check my diagnostics too? Number is 3362368. Thank you.
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi can you check my diagnostics too? Number is 3362368. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Joris, you can now check for updates and apply the patch.
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Ryan, thanks! Problem solved 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Hello,

Cheers.

hi, I have this problem with my surrounds on TV playback.  My diagnostics # is 3363376.  Ive also asked an update for the missing spotify and radio search on PC controller - will one update overwrite the other or are they separate for each device ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Nick, the current version of the update includes both patches. You're all set to update if you haven't yet.
Hello,

You may need to adjust the volume of your surround speakers higher. Can you please follow these directions to increase the volume of your surrounds?

Using a handheld Sonos controller

1. From the Settings menu, select Room Settings.
  2. Select the room the PLAYBAR and surround speakers are located in. It appears as Room (+LS+RS) on the Room Settings menu.
  3. Select Advanced Audio -> Surround Settings.
  4. Choose one of the following:
  • SURROUNDS: Choose On or Off to turn the sound from the surround speakers on and off.
  • Drag your finger across the slider to increase or decrease the volume of the surround speakers. 
Using the Sonos Controller for Mac or PC

1. Select Manage -> Settings (PC) or Sonos -> Preferences (Mac).
  2. Select Room Settings if it is not already highlighted on the left.
  3. Choose the room the PLAYBAR and surround speakers are located in from the Room Settings for drop-down.
  4. Select the Surrounds tab.
  5. Choose one of the following:
  • SURROUNDS: Check to turn the sound from the surround speakers on; uncheck to turn it off.
  • Click and drag the slider to increase or decrease the volume of the surround speakers.
Please let us know if you're still experiencing this issue with the surrounds turned up.

Cheers.

Same here #3365444
Same here #3365444
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi, i am having the same issue with both my SONOS 1 . i have playbar for the TV and have added Sonos 1 for left and one for right... but they only work with Music and not with the TV
same problem.  diagnostic number 3367288.  please help.  thanks
Hello - I am having the same problem as well with no surround sound while watching tv and nothing happens when I change settings. Diognostic # 3368184. Thanks for the help!
Hello - I am having the same problem as well with no surround sound while watching tv and nothing happens when I change settings. Diognostic # 3368184. Thanks for the help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Chrissy, go ahead and check for updates, there should be one available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
same problem.  
Hi Matt, you're flagged for the update now too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same here #3365444
Hi Brian, go ahead and check for updates, there's one available now.
I have the same issue. Here is my number 3372282. Sonos is awesome!!! Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I have the same issue. Here is my number 3372282. Sonos is awesome!!! Thanks
Hi, you're flagged for the patch as well, go ahead and check for updates.