Question

Playbar volume not responding to TV remote

• 30 October 2017
  • 3 replies

I just set up the Playbar. Initially, the remote controlled the TV volume, but after a few min, I cannot control the TV volume via either the TV remote or the Sonos app.

I've been to the "changing TVs" link and it mentions going to Room Settings and then Change Remote. This is not a listed option under my Room Settings menu.

Any idea how to update/reset the remote settings to enable the TV remote to control the Playbar volume?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Nvm. I messed around a bit, toying with various combinations of using the volume buttons and then the remote.

I eventually turned the volume on the Playbar all the way down to zero and then used the remote to turn it up sequentially. Seems to work ok now.

Just need to ignore the volume settings on the TV and realize that a volume setting of "0" no longer means that the Playbar is at "0"
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Glad you got that sorted out. The TV doesn't have a way of knowing what the volume of the PLAYBAR (or for that matter any other device connected to the optical) is at. The displayed volume meter is just showing you what the TV thinks it's volume is at. You can try to get them to sync by holding minus until your PLAYBAR and the TV are at 0, then turn them up together using the remote. But eventually, it'll get out of sync again.