Answered

Playbar - Keeps having to be reset

• 4 June 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a Playbar connected to a TV via optical cable that recently started having to be reset anytime I want to use it. If I stop watching TV or playing music on it for a little bit of time, it won't play any sound (music or TV audio) until I unplug it and plug it back in. Then it kicks back on.

It isn't paired with any surrounds or sub but there are other standalone Play 1s, 3s and 5s on the network.

I have had the system in its current configuration for years with no problems like this. I haven't recently made any changes to my system that would trigger this that I can think of. It just started happening one day.

I have tried a factory reset on the Playbar but that didn't fix the issue.

Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by timralex 5 June 2018, 03:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Can you clarify a bit on something. When you say it won't play any sound, is it playing audio and suddenly stops, or are you trying to initiate audio and unable to do so? If it suddenly stops, does that happen for music only or when you are watching tv as well? Regardless, when this happens, are you able to see your playbar in the Sonos app?

Either way, next time it happens, I would submit a diagnostic and post the number on this thread. Sonos staff will read through this thread and take a look. Of course, you can call support as well and let them know what the diagnostic is.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US

The diagnostic will give them a better idea of what's going on. My guess is it's a network interference problem.
Thanks, Danny, for the reply. I submitted diagnostics and SONOS support said my Playbar was going haywire and it's out of warranty. I guess I'm just SOL. Thanks again.