Playbar 5.1 vs Arc 5.1

• 4 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi all!

Using Playbar, Sub Gen 2 and two Play 3s. If listening only 5.1 (no earc on TV), would be the same setup with Arc instead od Playbar be an upgrade?

Thank you

Neven

8 replies

If you search online, there are many comparisons of the Sonos Arc vs Sonos Playbar. Perhaps read those and see if they help you to decide. Here’s one example to help get you started:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sonos-arc-vs-sonos-playbar-should-you-upgrade-4035643

I thought so, when I replaced my two PLAYBARs with two Arcs. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

If you search online, there are many comparisons of the Sonos Arc vs Sonos Playbar. Perhaps read those and see if they help you to decide. Here’s one example to help get you started:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sonos-arc-vs-sonos-playbar-should-you-upgrade-4035643

Thank you! I saw it before, I wanted the one that reccommends switch to Arc with no exeptions😀

I thought it would be best to hear opinions from you,forum members.

Neven

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I thought so, when I replaced my two PLAYBARs with two Arcs. 

Thats is what I'm talking about! 😀

BtW, I noticed a more balances output on my system when I upgraded to newest firmware.

Neven

That would be a challenge for me to confirm, I never had both set up simultaneously, so there was no real A/B test involved, just my faulty memory. But my perception was that I appreciated the wider soundstage a lot, and the whole audio experience felt ‘sharper’ in some way, although that’s really a judgement call, not a measurement kind of thing. But I was pleased enough to keep using them, and gifted the PLAYBARs to family members (and then supplied support for installation ). 

I think it’s a worthwhile upgrade, without any particular ‘numbers’ to point to. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

That would be a challenge for me to confirm, I never had both set up simultaneously, so there was no real A/B test involved, just my faulty memory. But my perception was that I appreciated the wider soundstage a lot, and the whole audio experience felt ‘sharper’ in some way, although that’s really a judgement call, not a measurement kind of thing. But I was pleased enough to keep using them, and gifted the PLAYBARs to family members (and then supplied support for installation ). 

I think it’s a worthwhile upgrade, without any particular ‘numbers’ to point to. 

Thank you for your input. I want to add a Sonos speaker, maybe Arc would not be a best choice right now.

Neven

There’s always that frisson between ‘how much money am I willing to spend to get a slightly better speaker’ and the ‘what I have now works extremely well’. For me, I made that value judgement, and never looked back, but everyone has different perspectives. Fortunately, the PLAYBAR remains part of an outstanding home theater setup, and hasn’t been ‘orphaned’ by Sonos. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

There’s always that frisson between ‘how much money am I willing to spend to get a slightly better speaker’ and the ‘what I have now works extremely well’. For me, I made that value judgement, and never looked back, but everyone has different perspectives. Fortunately, the PLAYBAR remains part of an outstanding home theater setup, and hasn’t been ‘orphaned’ by Sonos. 

I would like to go your route, but would like to sell mine and get initial funds for the Arc. Maybe ghe best move would be a single one via the upgrade program

Neven