Answered

Philips 55POS9002/12 and 5.1 setup with Playbar

• 14 October 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge
Hi

I have a 5.1 setup (Playbar, sub and two PLAY:1) and a Philips 55POS9002/12 TV.

All of a sudden, TV-sound starts stuttering when TV sound is set to Multichannel or Multichannel (Bypass). When in Stereo, sound works.

I have had this setup for months without any issues, but I believe the problem was introduced with the latest SONOS update 😞.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance.

/Michael
icon

Best answer by Grønbech 19 October 2018, 08:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Gronbech

See if there are any updates for your TV. If not I suggest you recreate the problem and immediately submit a diagnostic to Sonos and post the reference ID in this forum. Call Sonos and ask them to review in real time with you.

Cheers!
Badge
Hi
Thank you for replying.

My TV is up to date :-(

I have opened a support case with SONOS.

/Michael
Userlevel 7
Hi
Thank you for replying.

My TV is up to date :-(

I have opened a support case with SONOS.

/Michael

Hi Michael

Great move to open the support case. However, I didn't see where you posted the reference ID as I suggested? That's an important step. Good Luck!

Cheers!
Badge
Hi again

I sent the ID to SONOS (589239245). I guess it is only SONOS, WHO can use that?

/Michael
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I have the exact same setup, except I just replaced my Playbase with a Beam. No issues with the latest update. Only issue I got is an annoying static sound very shortly when the TV is switching to a HDR signal. Same with both Playbase and Beam so I’m suspecting the 55POS9002/12 to be the cause to this.
Badge
I have the exact same setup, except I just replaced my Playbase with a Beam. No issues with the latest update. Only issue I got is an annoying static sound very shortly when the TV is switching to a HDR signal. Same with both Playbase and Beam so I’m suspecting the 55POS9002/12 to be the cause to this.

Hi

It seems, I got the problem 'solved'. Or at least, SONOS found out, that I had a lot of interference on my 5Ghz Network caused by one of my Unifi AP's. Once I turned that off, everything worked perfectly.

I don't know, why. I have had my setup for quite a while with no issues.

/Michael
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
@Michael

Wow if that is the case I’m greatly thankful. Will try another channel on my 5ghz Network and see if it helps.
Userlevel 2
Hi. Apologies for bumping a thread that could be considered closed but I'm trying to find out whether the Philips 55POS9002 passes 5.1 out through optical. I noticed there are at least two people in here who have one, so I'm hoping you might be able to confirm or not. thanks!
Badge +1
@Michael

Wow if that is the case I’m greatly thankful. Will try another channel on my 5ghz Network and see if it helps.

And was that the solution? I have the same setup and also this weird noise.