Answered

Pansonic TV (TX-65FZ952B) + Arc + Sub + 2x One SL

• 28 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi ,

Looking to set up Arc + Sub + 2x One SL on my Panasonic TV. Will it support your his using the HDMI (ARC) port?

thanks,

amit

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 29 November 2022, 00:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Will it support your his using the HDMI (ARC) port?

Not sure exactly what you are asking here, but the Arc setup will work with your TV model.

Will it support your his using the HDMI (ARC) port?

Not sure exactly what you are asking here, but the Arc setup will work with your TV model.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to respond back. Apologies for the auto spell not making sense with my original question.  My question is that I’m planning to purchase the home cinema set comprising of the Arc + Sub + 2x One SL. Would this setup work with my TV model and will I get the full 5.1 surround experience using the HDMI ARC port? Can’t seem to find much info out there re comparability with my TV. 

Also is it possible to add an additional ‘One Sl’ speaker to the 5.1 setup?

Userlevel 7

It’s difficult to say. It looks like your TV model was released in 2018 so it should be able to pass through Dolby Digital 5.1 and possibly Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 audio from some of the TV’s native apps or from an external media device like a Roku Ultra or Nvidia Shield. But I am not 100% certain. And since your TV only has an HDMI ARC port and not eARC, you will not be able to play higher quality audio formats like Dolby TrueHD from Blu-ray discs or Dolby Atmos from an Apple TV 4K. The only way to know for sure if your TV will pass through 5.1 audio is to test it out for yourself or find someone online who has the same TV model and an Arc setup.

The maximum setup you can have with the Arc is a 5.2.2 setup that includes two Subs (one must be a Gen 3) and two surround speakers. So you cannot add a third One SL to the system.