Answered

obtaining TrueHD via bluray to Sonos Arc

• 5 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m looking into a Blu-ray player to play Truehd Dolby via my Sony tv to Sonos arc.  I have the Sonos arc already connected to an EARC HDMI port. Question is for TrueHD do I need a 2nd EARC to connect the Blu-ray player to, I don’t want to downscale at all and play lossless atmos.  

I hear that for trueHD LOSSLESS you need EARC as more data is passing so surely  I need EARC for Blu-ray to send the audio through to the TV and another to carry the audio to the Sonos Arc?

Doddsy.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 5 December 2021, 00:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You just need the Sonos Arc connected to the TV’s HDMI eARC port and a TV that supports the pass-through of the DD TrueHD (Atmos) codec. The Blu-ray player will just connect to one of your other HDMI ports - I’ve only seen TV’s with one HDMI eARC (enhanced audio return channel) port anyway to connect to an audio ‘Receiver’ like the Sonos Arc. You don’t need a ‘return’ audio channel to your Blu-ray player, so an HDMI port connection is all you’ll need.