Answered

no sound from tv to playbar

• 7 November 2021
  • 4 replies

I have sony bravis connected to playbar. worked fine until I disconnected playbar to dust it. reconnected but no sound. yes I switched to audio system. Tried all the on line fixes but no luck. Could there be a fault in the tv? playbar works when I stream windows media player trhough it.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 November 2021, 19:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Double check the optical cable connections, it may be that it wasn’t reseated properly, and the signal is not reaching the PLAYBAR from the TV. 

Thanks. Tried that, still not working

Userlevel 7

Make sure the sound menu on the TV is set to external speaker. Disconnecting the Playbar may have caused a reset.

Try powering everything off (TV/PlayBar) (not standby) - leave them off and disconnected from power for 3 minutes and then power them back on again and see if that causes the audio to spring back to life.

Also perhaps check the audio-out in the TV settings is set to the Optical Port and that the codec in use is either PCM Stereo or Dolby Digital and NOT DTS

Other things to perhaps quickly check…

• That the Playbar volume level is not set to low, or muted in the Sonos App
  • If you were playing music audio earlier - you might also want to try selecting the ‘TV icon’ in the Browse Tab in the Sonos App (below the installed music services list) in case the audio-out is set to ‘Music audio’, rather than ‘TV audio’.