Answered

No sound coming from Sonos Playbar

• 10 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Yesterday my son was in the middle of playing a game on his Xbox One when suddenly the speaker just stopped producing sound it suddenly cut off and 30 min later was making weird cracking noises or something. After that it hasn’t worked what’s so ever. The light shows that its on the buttons are working the app is too. Just no sound on Netflix, Tv, Xbox, Music from Spotify, iTunes Music. Nothing. We tried unplugging it. Nothing. We even rebooted the whole system. Nothing. It’s all set up. And yes the digital Optical cable is in and has the red light. My tv is a Samsung Smart Tv I alao purchased this like a month ago. So I doubt it’s the tv. Yes the tv speaker settings is set on “Audio Out/Optical” I’m disappointed. $700 and this is what I get I’ve only had this product for a couple of weeks! It was working fine. It might be because of the update. After I updated it 2 days later this happens. Here is the diagnosis code. 673702203
icon

Best answer by Keith N 10 September 2018, 23:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hello there, santiagoj. Thanks for posting and sharing your diagnostic report number. It seems that the Playbar is playing content at the time you submitted this report, but I'm unable to see if the content is coming from the optical port at all. Were you attempting to play audio to the Playbar at the time of submitting that diagnostic report?

If that is the case, it might be best to give our support technicians a call so they can have a closer look at the optical port and get this sorted. Otherwise, try playing audio from the TV to the Playbar and submit another diagnostic report. I'll be happy to take a look.
I actually yeah at the time I might of already had switched the setting on my tv to my regular built in speakers thats why, I'm currently doing what you said to do (attempting to play audio from my tv to the player), here is the new confirmation number/diagnostic code, 1847191083 there's still 0 audio coming through.
Thanks for the fresh one, santiagoj.

It seems the Playbar is receiving a stereo signal from the TV, however, I am seeing some problems related to the SPDIF. That being said, it would be best to give our support technicians a call. They will be able to take a closer look at what's happening and potentially replace the Playbar if deemed necessary.