New Sonos Arc with non Arc TV port -TV has only HDMI out

• 9 December 2021
  • 20 replies

Badge

I have bought new arc and my TV is 5 year old 75 inch 2K Samsung does not have arc port but has HDMI can use this HDMI using HDFury,ARCANA  eARC adapter does this work 

Also is the any known issues on ARCANA  eARC adapter when using with Sonos Arc does it does the same job as new TVs with e ARC outputs 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 7

If your TV is only five years old, more than likely it has an HDMI ARC port. What specific Samsung model is it?

If it has an HDMI ARC port, then the Arcana will work just fine with your TV and Sonos Arc. I was an early adopter of the Arcana and have used it for over a year with an 8-year old plasma TV and a Sonos Arc and haven’t had any issues.

Badge

Thanks for the update Rashi 

Model code is UA75H6400

Please let me know if you need any more info my TV is wall mounted so unable to see all the ports 

All i can say is i have optical outout and HDMI which as connecting to my sonos Sound Bar  and HDMI to my Xbox 

Badge

if you google for UA75H6400 you can see the back plain for this TV

Userlevel 7

Your TV is equipped with HDMI ARC on the HDMI IN 2 port:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/h6400

The Arcana should work just fine with your TV.

Badge

Thanks heap for your feedback much relived

I would appreciate if you can give some directions  or guidance .How do connect my Arc with the TV and  Arcana to get the best performance 

Also is great to include the  Arcana or leave it out to get the best  Dolby Atmos sound .

Userlevel 7

The TV connects from HDMI IN 2 (ARC) to HDMI OUT on the Arcana. The Sonos Arc connects to eARC OUT on the Arcana. The Xbox, or any other external media device, connects to HDMI IN on the Arcana. If you want to connect multiple external devices to the Arcana, you will need an HDMI switch. This ROOFULL switch works well with the Arcana:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CF793HQ/

HDFury also recommends using HDMI cables from KabelDirekt, Cable Matters, or Zeskit. But you should still use the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable to connect the Arc to the Arcana.

Because your TV is older, you need to keep the Arcana connected to your TV to get Dolby Atmos audio. NOTE: The Arcana has no affect on your TV’s native streaming apps. It only affects the audio from external devices connected to the Arcana.

If you want a media device that supports Dolby Atmos audio on the most apps, get an Apple TV 4K or Nvidia Shield.

Badge

thanks heaps and great help you have been awesome.

the TV works directly when connect to  arc but not via Arcana..Any ideas ?

Badge

Also My understanding from TV is HDMI 3 IN is working directly not when i connect via HDMI IN 2 port 

Badge

yes i have confirm when connected to HRMI IN 3 it worked not with DHMI 2 ( ARC) directly to Sonons ARC inputs 

Badge

Badge

Badge

Arcana says no inputs when connect either one if hdmi from TV..also only time the arc works is when I connect the TV on HDMI IN 3 not on HDMi In 2 (ARC)

Userlevel 7
  1. Disconnect everything from the TV.

2. Unplug the TV, Arc, and Arcana from power for a couple of minutes.

3. Plug them back in but keep everything disconnected.

4. Be sure Anynet+ (CEC) is enabled in your TV settings.

5. Connect the Sonos supplied HDMI cable from the Sonos Arc to eARC OUT on the Arcana.

6. Connect another HDMI cable to HDMI OUT on the Arcana. This cable will later be connected to the TV, but DON’T connect it to the TV yet.

7. Leave the Xbox disconnected from the Arcana for now.

8. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app under the Arc’s settings. When the app instructs you to, connect the HDMI cable connected to HDMI OUT on the Arcana to the TV’s HDMI IN 2 (ARC) port.

9. After the Arc has been successfully connected, use an HDMI cable to connect the Xbox to HDMI IN on the Arcana.
Badge

I found this TV in the side has only 2 HDMI outputs not 3 and the first one is Arc 

Please check the model again hence the first one come with sound when connected to sonos arc 

Also sonos Apps TV setup only dedects as true when connect to the first one not the second HDMI

but still no luck when connected via  Arcana did all the setups you mentioned

sonos Apps TV setup only dedects via  Arcana says good but no sound also in  Arcana the display shows no input singals similar to screen shots shown in  Arcana

UA75H6400 - Bing images

Userlevel 7

Use the HDMI 2 (ARC) port:

If this doesn’t work, leave out the Arcana completely and perform these steps:

1. Disconnect everything from the TV.

2. Unplug the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes.

3. Plug them back in but keep everything disconnected.

4. Be sure Anynet+ (CEC) is enabled in your TV settings.

5. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app under the Arc’s settings. When the app instructs you to, connect the Arc to the HDMI 2 (ARC) port on the TV.

6. You should hear a chime played from the Arc after it has been successfully connected in the Sonos app.

7. After a successful connection, repeat the steps from my previous post that includes the Arcana, but perform a factory reset of the Arcana first by accessing the Arcana’s FW/RESET menu and select “Factory Default”. Also be sure you have the latest firmware installed on the Arcana (see page 19 from the Arcana’s manual).

Also, do you mind posting one or two wide shot photos of the Arcana with the HDMI cables connected to the TV, Arc, and Xbox?

Badge

thanks for your kind reply

I dont any inputs now like Xbox or Apple TV .I bought this Arcana since i heard it does good job converting HDMI Arc to eArc . Please confirm in your experience if this is true does this add value to use Sonos arc to do the true job of Dolby Atmos 

I will also reach out to Arcana and see if they can help me why this is not working 

Also in Arcana settings there is setting Called Sonos Beem On/off .

Do need to turn this on .

Badge

I feel some setting issue in  Arcana which is not allowing the sound to come out , since Sonons Arc has decteted  Arcana . Also heared a chime played from the Arc after it has been successfully connected in the Sonos app via Arcana.

Userlevel 7

Keep the Sonos Beam setting OFF on the Arcana.

The Arcana works great and will give you Dolby Atmos audio from EXTERNAL media devices that support Dolby Atmos. I use my Arcana with a Roku Ultra, Apple TV 4K, and a Panasonic UHD player, and I can get Dolby Atmos audio from all three devices.

IMPORTANT: You MUST connect an external media device to the HDMI IN port of the Arcana for it to work. You mentioned that you have an Xbox. Connect the Xbox to the Arcana and test it.

Badge

My 12 year son had  Xbox and was using it but sold it since he wanted a PS5  we never bought PS5 since it was out of stock .He has nintendo switch to play games Sorry for this worng info we dont have input device .

Can you please recomend if we want to buy one which one do you recomand will do good job for me :) for movies and music and for my son to play games .Can think of something for next year 

Also if we buying an Xbox which one is best to buy  or any other product for suggestion 

Badge

Can you please let me know if I use the TV program in Dolby atmos buy using Arcana since it's ment  convert arc to eArc