New Firmware for Sony 2015 & 2016 Android TV's fixes skipping sound issue when using Sonos PlayBar

• 29 June 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Apparently the latest firmware for Sony's 2015 & 2016 models will fix the sound issues that's been plaguing us for the past few years. Certainly a welcome addition. Here's a copy of the announcement from Sony;

We are pleased to announce that a new firmware update (version 3.885) will become available by network download directly onto your TV, on the 28th June 2017.

The update features:

Adds support for HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR format via HDMI input*
Reduces input lag for 4K HDR gaming*
Resolves issue where the right-hand side of the screen becomes bright when changing input from HDMI (4K signal input) to Terrestrial
Resolves sound skipping when using Sonos sound bar
Resolves stuttering playback on Amazon video when pressing ACTION MENU or VOL+/- buttons
Resolves poor video quality on BBC iPlayer when using “Watch from start” feature

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge
Hello

Has anyone proved this to work?

I have had the problem for a year where the connectivity from SKY to TV (HDMI) to SOUNDBAR (OPTICAL) would result in sound drops when i had the Sky set to send sound in Digital Surround (i.e. 5.1).

My resolution in the end was to separate the audio from Sky direct to the soundbar from the HDMI to to the TV. Not ideal.

Regards
Userlevel 1
Badge
Early days, but no issues to report in my 65xd93 so far!