My working Beam-Projector setup

• 7 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Something I noticed was it only worked when I plugged the HDMI cable into the MHL port of my projector. If I didn't do that, I would just get sound and not video. I wonder if MHL has anything to do with this.

My projector: Optoma HD27

My extractor: J-Tech Digital Premium Quality 1080P HDMI To HDMI + Audio (SPDIF + RCA Stereo) Audio Extractor Converter (Support Apple TV 4 Gen)

If you go to that item on amazon and choose the picture with the ports, you can see exactly what ports I used.

- Firestick TV into [HDMI IN] of the extractor
- [HDMI OUT] goes from extractor to [HDMI/MHL IN] of the projector
- [spdif] goes from extractor into Sonos' provided dongle with Beam that converts optical to HDMI and then that goes into the [HDMI IN] of the Beam

I also have the audio switch set to 5.1

I only have a Beam with no other speakers and I'm unsure of if I get Dolby Digital or how to test this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
To confirm the Audio your Beam is receiving, in the App go to settings, then About my Sonos, locate the Beam in the list of players and you will see an entry 'Audio' followed by the format of the audio arriving at the port. Its not live so if the input changes you will need to close About my Sonos & then go back in again.
Alright, I'll try that when I get home!