Question

Mount Arc to wall mounted TV

• 8 June 2020
  • 7 replies

I am mounting a 75” tv to a full-motion wall mount.  Where the TV sits in the room it will be angled roughly 25 degrees to the left at almost all times so that it faces the center of the seating position.

I’d like to mount an Arc to the bottom of the TV so that could also direct sound at the center of the listening location.  Are there any mounts to do this?  I see there are mounts specifically for the Playbar and the Beam to attach them to a TV wall mount.  

Also, are there any other considerations I should have for doing this as compared to just mounting it directly to a wall and have the Arc pointed in a different direction than the tv?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

@Barry Ruddick Thank you reaching out to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. I am not aware of any third party mounts that would accommodate your TV setup with the Arc. If you mount to the Arc to the wall you just want to allow for clearance of the TV for the upward firing speakers. Let us see if any other Community users are using a similar setup and how the incorporated their TV and Arc mounting.

How to Mount the Sonos Soundbar on a Full-Motion TV Bracket.

The Arc was delivered this morning and after inspecting the bracket design up close the same setup should work just fine.  

To connect the soundbar bracket to the TV use “Mounting Dream Soundbar Mount Sound Bar TV Bracket for Mounting Above or Under TV Fits Most of Sound Bars Up to 22 Lbs, with Detachable Long and Short Extension Plates MD5420” from Amazon. 

Full motion bracket used to handle the weight of the TV + soundbar combined is “ECHOGEAR Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket for TVs Up to 78" - Smooth Extention, Swivel, Tilt - Wall Template for Easy Install - Centers & Levels After Mounting Plus Hides Your Cables

Hi folks, I will have the same problem when my Arc arrives. Came across this on the Sonos site, and whilst it specifies “Playbar”, I was wondering whether the Arc has similar rear fittings, and whether it might work with full motion TV mounts. Might have to drop it below the TV a bit though.

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/sanus-playbar-tv-mount.html

Also spotted on another similar thread, that there are potential souns issues with the Arc if it is not mounted on the wall or on a table, something about “magnetic detection”.

Badge

I am in the same boat and have been holding off ordering an Arc. Have heard rumours that there will be a specific mount made but who knows. 

Any update on a floating mount ?

FyI. flexson release FLEXSON FLXSARTV1021 for sonos Arc. Ready to pre order on B&H

Still nothing from sanus. But you can use the model SASB1 if you want it cheaper. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

ARC mount is here: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/wall-mount-for-arc.html

I posted a question about it [https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/optimal-listening-arc-smartly-detects-when-it-is-attached-to-the-mount-6850104?postid=16484253#post16484253] because the ARC smartly detects the mount and then sets itself up for “wall” type acoustic properties which is not wanted or needed when the ARC is floating below an articulated (mount) TV.

Ways to mount an ARC or Beam below a TV: Fix the Sonos speakers’ mount in the desired position to the TV using center channel speaker mounts. Here are the two brands I use: (Snap AV and Rapid Video Mounts):

A cool way to finish it off and make the install look nice is to reuse some of the black ethafoam packaging that Sonos provides, or use some black felt readily available at a store that has materials and sewing supplies. Sandwich it between the speaker and the brackets. Hides the junk! (brackets and cables) I also reinforced the brackets with a short piece of aluminum U channel at the bottom of the TV. It’s a pro install.  Following pics show a Rapid Video Mounts installation: