LPCM with Arc, LG C2 and Sony UBP-X700/M

• 17 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi all. Has anyone got LPCM from DTS blu-rays using these pieces? I can get Dolby TrueHD and Atmos, but when I play a DTS disc all I get is “surround pcm.” I know the LG can’t play DTS, but I thought I’d be able to get 5.1 LPCM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7

When playing DTS-encoded discs, set Digital Audio Output on the Blu-ray player to PCM. And go ahead and set BD Secondary Audio and Audio DRC to OFF.

Thanks so much. With those settings I’m able to get multichannel pcm 5.1 from DTS-5.1 discs, but for DTS 2.0 surround I’m still only getting Stereo PCM. Is there a multichannel pcm 2.0 that’s possible from the arc? Using a previous TV I had been able to get 2.0 DTS surround. 

Userlevel 7

Thanks so much. With those settings I’m able to get multichannel pcm 5.1 from DTS-5.1 discs, but for DTS 2.0 surround I’m still only getting Stereo PCM. Is there a multichannel pcm 2.0 that’s possible from the arc? Using a previous TV I had been able to get 2.0 DTS surround. 

Multichannel PCM 5.1 is what you want from DTS-encoded discs with 5.1 or DTS:X audio.

Since the LG C2 doesn’t support DTS audio, you will only get Stereo PCM audio from DTS 2.0 Surround mixes. I don’t believe Multichannel PCM 2.0 is possible or even an option with the Arc.

Thanks again. Would I be able to get DTS 2.0 if I used a HD Fury Arcana or a similar device? Or is there just no way around only being able to get Stereo PCM from those discs? 

Userlevel 7

Thanks again. Would I be able to get DTS 2.0 if I used a HD Fury Arcana or a similar device? Or is there just no way around only being able to get Stereo PCM from those discs? 

I would imagine the Arcana would allow you to get “DTS Digital Surround 2.0” audio, but I’m not sure it would sound much different than Stereo PCM, or at least different enough where it is worth the price of the Arcana.

Badge

Hi. Just curious. I have a similar setup, but I need to be able to get sound directly from my Sony UBP 700 as I cannot use my TV when I pull my screen down for projector night. The projector has 3d capabilities and is not recognized if I have split the signal with my TV so I have to rely on the Blu Ray player to provide audio. Have decided to pass on the HDFury Arcana (too pricey for me) and opted for this solution as the Sony has no tousling output 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07ZNR4N9F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1