Lost surround and sub ( after update ?)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1604 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Thanks @skullc 

@Bloodforge - what's yours?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @skullc 

@Bloodforge - what's yours?

Tv control is off (I forgot to mention I turned this to off when I stopped using the appletv remote to turn the tv on)

Volume is TV through ir

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hmmmm.  When I use the HDMI option (like Skullc, I find it very laggy so swapped to IR and it works perfectly. Wonder if that is a clue somehow?!?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yeah, I found it to be laggy as well, would take an extra second or so to actually respond after pressing the button, this also seems to have started with the 14.6 update(was instant before). I would also occasionally lose all volume control through hdmi control(ie. pressing the volume button on the appletv remote would do nothing). 

IR is instant.

(Edited with more info.)

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I have found that I only now lose surrounds and sub if I use the AppleTV remote to initially turn on my tv and the AppleTV.  If I use the tv remote to turn the tv on, I have no issues.

I am dead. my soul has left my body

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Brad Porter not lagging for me

Hi, another affected user here. Happy I found this forum for consolation, but not happy that there's no official fix yet for the issues.

Both my Sub and my Surround Speakers (2 Sonos One's) started acting up about a month ago (losing sound completely and getting delayed sound sometimes too). Tried already a few reboots, re-pairing both the sub and the surround speakers and even retuning with Trueplay, but the issue still persists.

Hopefully Sonos can bring out a new firmware soon. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

going to try TV control off and only using my TV remote to turn on/off the TV and see how it goes

going to try TV control off and only using my TV remote to turn on/off the TV and see how it goes

I only use my TV remote for turning on my TV (Lg CX) and the issue is still present. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m still lurking also waiting for any news/fix for this.. I’ve got as far as a ‘level 3’ engineer with support after emailing the CEO and getting a response from Sonos on twitter, but I’ve been left hanging for about 2 weeks now with absolutely no response.

I guess my question is, has anybody had any kind of conversation with any of the level 3 techs yet about this? From what I can tell, when going the support route, that seems to be the point where the line goes dead.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I only use my TV remote for turning on my TV (Lg CX) and the issue is still present. 

I knew it was too good to be true

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I’m still lurking also waiting for any news/fix for this.. I’ve got as far as a ‘level 3’ engineer with support after emailing the CEO and getting a response from Sonos on twitter, but I’ve been left hanging for about 2 weeks now with absolutely no response.

I guess my question is, has anybody had any kind of conversation with any of the level 3 techs yet about this? From what I can tell, when going the support route, that seems to be the point where the line goes dead.

Yeah, sadly its 3 weeks tomorrow sitting at L3 with no contact for me. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Another good tip though. The lag on HDMI volume control has bothered me. IR feels better.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Another good tip though. The lag on HDMI volume control has bothered me. IR feels better.

Agreed, always had that lag for some reason. Much happier on IR.

Appreciate this has more than likely been tried and discussed, but I gave my Arc, Sub and surrounds static IPs and haven’t had the issue since. However, I’d often go a while without experiencing it before then it would happen frequently, so it may just be serendipity. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

It’s not looking good on that front. I’ve sent 3 emails since I was referred over to them with no reply. I can’t think of a reason why they would just flat out ignore everyone unless they’ve been specifically briefed to do so.

Could it be they are worried about someone admitting liability during the troubleshooting process? It’s just gonna be a case of sitting tight and hopefully at some point an update will drop that fixes the issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Appreciate this has more than likely been tried and discussed, but I gave my Arc, Sub and surrounds static IPs and haven’t had the issue since. However, I’d often go a while without experiencing it before then it would happen frequently, so it may just be serendipity. 

I’ve had all my Sonos stuff on reserved IP’s for as long as I can remember. Was rock solid until 14.6 dropped and I’ve been suffering the same issues as everyone else since.

SVC seems to have lessened the issue, and I don’t think I’ve had any problems on non-Atmos audio since then, but I’m still seeing the issue at random points on content with an Atmos track.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

just experienced the issue after turning off TV control on Apple TV and only turning the tv on with the tv remote 

Well, the one positive thing about this whole situation is that it allowed me to re-discover how good the Sonos Arc can sound on it's own. But I still miss my surround speakers, especially on videogames :( 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Well, the one positive thing about this whole situation is that it allowed me to re-discover how good the Sonos Arc can sound on it's own. But I still miss my surround speakers, especially on videogames :( 

Yeah, unfortunately I paid for a sub I'd like to work whenever I feel like it.

Are we all still losing surrounds & subs randomly? 

My home has a fairly large Sonos setup… Ones in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, a Five in my office, and the TV room is an Arc + 2xPlay:1 + Sub (gen 1). Everything except the kitchen and office are on ethernet and we’re on the 14.8.1 update.

Surrounds still drop out. It’s infuriating. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Are we all still losing surrounds & subs randomly? 

My home has a fairly large Sonos setup… Ones in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, a Five in my office, and the TV room is an Arc + 2xPlay:1 + Sub (gen 1). Everything except the kitchen and office are on ethernet and we’re on the 14.8.1 update.

Surrounds still drop out. It’s infuriating. 

Yep. But according to Sonos you messed up the room layout and the fungswae is causing the drops.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Everyday I’ll check this post praying for some kind of resolution and everyday I’m disappointed. I will say I haven’t had a drop in a while since I turned off Atmos and Dolby Vision on my Apple TV; that’s the solution that’s seemed to consistently work for me. But man the sound is not as tight when it’s Dolby Digital 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

So what exactly do I lose if I turn off tv control?

I normally use my LG CX remote to turn on/off TV and adjust volume, unless if i’m using my apple tv 4k I will use that remote for volume instead.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I spoke with L3 yesterday and for the first time in 7+ weeks I’m optimistic this will be resolved.  I cannot say much but just wanted give hope to this community.  Its moving in the right direction in large part because of this tread and the work that’s gone on in here.  Thanks all!