Lost surround and sub ( after update ?)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1604 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @skullc - Closed the App on your phone? You mean S2 or was you streaming something?

Closed the s2 app only!

Odd isn't it 

That’s too weird for me to take in!! I going to hold that one in the back of my head for now. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Brad Porter on a side note had the fault Sunday night mid film aliens in fact 

Fix was close the app on my phone and restarted it 

It worked for some reason anyway switching back to apple tv now with luck it will work 👍

Hi @skullc - Closed the App on your phone? You mean S2 or was you streaming something?

Closed the s2 app only!

Odd isn't it 

Just watched a YouTube video then a film on prime and back to iron man 2 on apple library nothing yet 

My apple tv is on 15.6 btw

Are you like me and also installing the tvOS public betas hoping it somehow fixes this? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

the nature of the issue is so inconsistent I won’t really believe it’s fixed until I’ve had a week of no issues. I’ve also now developed an annoying habit of touching my subwoofer whenever I walk by it to make sure it’s working 

Holy crap.... My wife just said "why in the hell do you keep touching that thing everytime you walk by". Lol

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@Brad Porter before I closed the app I tried power cycling apple tv, lg tv and the arc did nothing 

Even pulled out the hdmi cable on the apple tv nada 

Desperate move close s2 app and it worked coulda knocked me down with a feather 

Light bulb went on software issue!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Brad Porter on a side note had the fault Sunday night mid film aliens in fact 

Fix was close the app on my phone and restarted it 

It worked for some reason anyway switching back to apple tv now with luck it will work 👍

Closed the s2 app only!

Odd isn't it 

Just watched a YouTube video then a film on prime and back to iron man 2 on apple library nothing yet 

My apple tv is on 15.6 btw

Are you like me and also installing the tvOS public betas hoping it somehow fixes this? 

Again, I wish Sonos would make their own streaming box. Would make this trouble shooting so much easier for them, and I wouldn't have to wait to see what the katest uodate nightmare is around the corner.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

FWIW I cannot reproduce the issue after updating my system. In the past I could easily and predictably reproduce the error by playing Spatial music in Apple Music om the AppleTV4K. A couple of pause/resume or skipping tracks would always trigger it.

I have now tried to force it including swapping sources (both sources as in apps on the Apple TV and as in switching to Sony apps). It still works.

So...fingers crossed...maybe…!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@peterbault 

No I used to work in IT and I am also a Windows insider 

Sorry just a nerd🤪

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

are there any official patch notes?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Not yet 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I could not find any - and they don’t really provide a lot of detail on bug fixes anyway sadly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I got a good feeling 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

this bug has ruined the matrix for me because I’ve seen the bullet time scene 1000 times now testing the surrounds 

Haha Avengers Endgame scene where Thanos’ ship blows up the avengers base right before the final battle scene for me. Rockets coming from behind in all directions

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I got a good feeling 

Steady @peterbault, steady….. 😀

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I got a good feeling 

So far so good. I’ve been switching between PS5 and Shield (tried both DTS and Dolby movies).

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I got a good feeling 

So far so good. I’ve been switching between PS5 and Shield (tried both DTS and Dolby movies).

I think this is too good to be true. If this issue was known by Sonos (and they fixed in 14.8) why would their Engineering team be going through the motions with me and looking at the error? Surely they would just say it's going to be fixed in 14.8 and stop this thread from evolving. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I got a good feeling 

I think this is too good to be true. If this issue was known by Sonos (and they fixed in 14.8) why would their Engineering team be going through the motions with me and looking at the error? Surely they would just say it's going to be fixed in 14.8 and stop this thread from evolving. 

would honestly not be shocked if one team is not talking to the other or something changed in 14.8 that inadvertently fixed it 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@peterbault - have you got Amazon Prime? If you have, would you mind playing a few trailers (not the films themselves) and then flick back to a Dolby Atmos movies and see if still OK? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I got a good feeling 

Sub and rears just stopped working in Blade Runner 2049.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I got a good feeling 

There we go, back to square one.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I got a good feeling 

Also, submit a diagnostic as well.  Ill try and reference tomorrow during my testing and discussion with the Engineer. Let me know the number @arcosin. Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I got a good feeling 

Also, submit a diagnostic as well.  Ill try and reference tomorrow during my testing and discussion with the Engineer. Let me know the number @arcosin. Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@peterbault - have you got Amazon Prime? If you have, would you mind playing a few trailers (not the films themselves) and then flick back to a Dolby Atmos movies and see if still OK? 

any particular trailers?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Please understand, I am DEEPLY disappointed this did not work out thus far.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

any particular trailers?

I was watching ‘The Contractor’ trailer in Amazon Prime a few times and found (on more cases than not after a few flicks) that this triggered the issue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Sorry, when I say ‘flicks’ I mean moving between AP and back ti Apple and Dolby Atmos etc.